No announcement yet.

Called in for an inspection... wow - PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you dont need dot approved tails? really? hmm that will be sweet then haha, ya im thinking im gonna get the hardass because i received a letter in the mail stating to come in, not just getting pulled over.. havent been pulled over yet

Comment

You know semi trucks don't even have DOT approved tail lights.

When I got my car safetied the guy checking it out didnt even say anything about side markers. Some bad luck huh.
      NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

thats the thing I dont get , i didn't get pulled over but i got a letter in the mail saying I have to come in for a VI.... the car was safetied just over a month ago, so that is just ********, Neptune your in Winnipeg too, do I know you?! r33 or r32?

I guess I won't worry about the tail lights then but headlights I gotta fix, I want to know if I can figure out how to do the Hella projectors 90mm... hmm

I just want to get this thing DOT approved fully, so I don't get harrassed by these fucks anymore

Comment

Based on the picture of your car, it looks like there would be enough room to fabricate a bar behind the bumper (above the intercooler opening, below the grille). Something along the lines of a 1"x2" (or better yet 1"x3") rectangular mild steel tube. You'd have to remove the bumper and weld in the tube to the chassis - might take a bit of fabrication but not insurmountable.
          '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
          at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

have you thought of calling them and saying you just had the vehicle saftied over a month ago and would like to know why you have to do it again... as well as ask them why you will have to pay for another inspection... id raise a stink about it...
            How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
            \'03 Dodge SX2.0
            \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
              have you thought of calling them and saying you just had the vehicle saftied over a month ago and would like to know why you have to do it again... as well as ask them why you will have to pay for another inspection... id raise a stink about it...
              There is no exemption to this rule.

You call the insurance company about an accident of course they will be PITA cuz our cars aren't DOT.

Your best bet is to find an inspection place (but DO NOT bring your Notice of Order) just state that you got pulled over for car being too low.

Most places should be able to get this done for you.

Comment

ya i was thinking of calling them and saying that but apparently its a huge crackdown and a lot of people are getting called in recently regardless if they just safetied it or its been on the road for some time, its really all just a scam and MPI is the worst company on the planet, I can't believe they have nothing better to do with their time so they hassle people with right hand drive cars, its quite pathetic actually

Comment

i think nissan got 96-98 r33's approved by petitioning. but that was in the USA, not canadia. dont bother finding out how, different rules all around
                  I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

ps- become friends with somebody in a shop that does inspections
                    I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Lucky me then, I havent even gotten pulled over.........yet
                      My friend was telling me that some Imprezza got a ticket for having stock tail lights lol,
                      what kind of **** is that. O yea I drive a R32 GTR(blue), you've probably seen me around, I just dont drive my car much on Sundays, too many fools. lol
                      NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

Originally posted by m_melen View Post
                        i think nissan got 96-98 r33's approved by petitioning. but that was in the USA, not canadia. dont bother finding out how, different rules all around
                        I'm not sure how they did it in the states but regardless it would apply to up here. We don't make our own safety standards with headlights and other things, we just use dot. That's why they want dot (department of transportation- from the states) not mot (ministry of transportation - our dot equivalent)

Comment

My advice for your rebar problem would be to find a friend or somebody close to your location with an r33 that would he willing to help, and swap over his rebar and bumper for the inspection and then swap it back! I think that would be the best thing to do.

Comment

For the headlights, if you have $$$ the R33 Xenons are apparently DOT approved...

And they are pimps....
                            -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

R34 Xenons are SAE approved as well..

Comment

Dah_hunter is doing a part out on a 90 GTS4. I have no idea if it would fit but hes letting it go for 50$.

Comment

Working...
                                X