Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Out!

I figured I'd give you guys a heads up.

I was talking to my lil bro who just got his first car (02 Maxima GLE) and he was telling me that a couple days ago he was driving around 64th and King George in Surrey BC, and this Chevy HHR was driving like crazy( zig zagging through lanes speeding etc). Then the HHR was trying race my brother by driving beside him and then accelerating ahead of him, or taking off from a light. Then after doing stuff like that for 5 minutes or so the HHR stops beside my brother at a red light and rolls down the front window (which was tinted pretty dark) and the driver, who was an in uniform RCMP officer, says "good choice". Anyways, if a cop is doing that can you ask them to pull over to get their badge number?

Hopefully you guys aren't street racing, but this seemed pretty extreme to me, if not entrapment.

Originally posted by JohnHorahan View Post
    I figured I'd give you guys a heads up.

I was talking to my lil bro who just got his first car (02 Maxima GLE) and he was telling me that a couple days ago he was driving around 64th and King George in Surrey BC, and this Chevy HHR was driving like crazy( zig zagging through lanes speeding etc). Then the HHR was trying race my brother by driving beside him and then accelerating ahead of him, or taking off from a light. Then after doing stuff like that for 5 minutes or so the HHR stops beside my brother at a red light and rolls down the front window (which was tinted pretty dark) and the driver, who was an in uniform RCMP officer, says "good choice". Anyways, if a cop is doing that can you ask them to pull over to get their badge number?

Hopefully you guys aren't street racing, but this seemed pretty extreme to me, if not entrapment.
    Sounds like the police are out trying to create crimes, and criminals out of people. If the cop created a crime by enticing a street race, isn't that kind of, you know, illegal? I thought police were around to prevent crimes and stop crimes in progress, not create them. If your brother had raced and been busted for it, he wouldn't have done it if the cop hadn't started it, since most people aren't going to try to incite a race. So... Sounds like some kind of entrapment.

I can imagine a good lawyer would be able to get you out of that one.

Of course, you can avoid entrapment by simply ignoring douches who are racing around, and who want to race you.

Comment

As much as they are douches and lack ethics for doing this kind of stuff it is not considered entrapment under law.

In order to be entrapment they would have to somehow put you in a position where you had almost no other choice then to do the illegal activity. If you wouldn't have been in this position, you would have unlikely committed the offense.

Now, if you are stupid enough to start racing against a cop, then would it have been any other person other than a cop, you would have still raced. The cop didn't personally put you in a position where you wouldn't have committed an illegal act normally, he presented an opportunity to you, and instead you decided to do something illegal. It would therefore be your own god damn fault.

Same thing with busting drug buyers/dealers. They just present the situation. You utimately choose your own actions.
      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

greasy
        1991 Black GTR

Comment

Hmmmm.....setup a video camera, record the undercover cop vehicle doing something illegal?

Technically they are subject to the same legal limitations on the road we are, if they don't have the disco lights running, I believe.

Probably wouldn't hold up in court, if you could even get it to court somehow.

Actually, if you got a beater, and somehow managed to get into a collision with the cop, such that they were at least 50% at fault (if they're driving irratically it shouldn't be too hard....place yourself in their blindspot as they're zig zagging through traffic), and video tape it all, that would probably get you into the courtroom, and maybe a Judge would deem this an unsafe/illegal practice, and it would get quashed.

Just a thought

(Note, none of this post is really serious, just imagining possible ways to get back at the popo's douchebaggery, I do not condone getting into collisions with police officers)
          BlackAura (Kevin)
          1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
          2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
          1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

This is pretty dirty
            Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

Dirty pig. LOL, in an HHR too.
              03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Yeah I lol'd when he told me it was an HHR. My bro figured his maxima would smoke it so he didn't even bother responding to it, not to mention he has his N which I'm sure he wants to keep. What about the tint though? Cops are out there handing tickets out for front tint and then driving cars with front tint, while on duty???? I know when I got a speeding ticket the cop told me to roll up my front window to see if he could give me a ticket for front tint ( I have tint in the rear)

Comment

I would think that cops would be allowed to drive any car ,with any tint, with any mod, any way they want, if the car is given to them for a reason from the force. Don't you think? Also don't forget that that cop didn't wake up in the morning thinking, hey I'll drive like an idiot and try to catch some kids racing. I'm pretty sure that he went to work, was given orders by some bigger douche, and went on doing his job!
                  I don't understand where you are getting with this! Would you stop an FBI suburban tellng them that they need a lighter tint? Don't you think there might be a reason for that car to be like that?
                  You guys are really funny! You can complain for the officers personal car but I'm not sure who you wanna take to court for the goverment vehicle???? The goverment???? Well I'm sure they will come up with a million excuses and then you will go your way and they will go theirs!!!!

Comment

Project E.R.A.S.E. is in effect. I would not reccomend anyone to street race.
                    '94 White Nissan Skyline R33 - HKS Tuned.. (SOLD)

tune2mod.com

Comment

Project E R A S E.. ?!?!?!

this is BC.. we dont have Crazy street racing laws.
                      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

No but it looks like you have some crazy law enforcement!! Then again you guys are patroled by the RCMP! Not that the OPP is better!!

Comment

to me that program is a wasted money, they should think smartly and build a track with it.
                          They should spend more time goin after the people that cant drive, drive to slow on a passing lanes. Here in brampton canada we have a lot of people that cant drive and they some how got a full license

Comment

The police have been doing things like that for years.
                            The more ghost cars, the more opportunities they have to bait us.

One of my buddies was baited by a subaru in richmond, and got rolled for it.
                            I got baited by a charger in abbotsford, and was released.

Personally, I think it has a lot to do with attitude, and the officer.
                            My buddy got angry about being baited. YES ticket.
                            I said "you got me" and he said I got the point. NO ticket.

I wouldn't tempt them however..

Comment

Details on the Charger? I've seen some very odd ghost cars in Abby, gonna have to be more careful.
                              03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Working...
                              X