Please Urgent Help!! Winnipeg, Manitoba Skyline Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Urgent Help!! Winnipeg, Manitoba Skyline Safety

Hey Guys. So I'm located in Winnipeg, Manitoba and have an imported R32 Skyline Gtst I need to safety asap. I'm hoping you awesome Manitobans could tell me which shop has experience with skylines and which shop to take it to. Most places here don't know much about skylines and will fail me for things like unapproved glass and non DOT tail light lenses. I need a shop that knows their skylines!!

Also, some users say "Oh well that shop doesn't know their stuff... tail lights have been proven to be equivalent to DOT and SAE standards" ..... OK YEAH but how do I prove this? Its not like I can print off some info from the internet and show them, right?

Please, Please, Please Guys! I need your input! ... I'm so desperate to get my car on the road

Thanks in advance

good luck bro, even if you get your car safetied at a shop MPI WILL I repeat WILL call you in for a VEHICLE INSPECTION and then anything that wasn't up to par at the shop you will get ****** on, You will need to customize your tail lights, headlights, all lenses/bulbs to dot approved, if you dont have a 3rd brake light you'll need to do that, add daytime running lights, front rebar if you dont have one, probably gonna need a new exhaust if you have a straight pipe muffler, add front and rear side markers/reflectors, its a pain in the ass man, im still going through it with MPI my car has been off the road for like a month and a bit now , its tiresome but hopefully it will be all over with soon

Comment

My car has been off the road for a while now too.. a couple weeks at least. I got a straight pipe muffler, non dot tires, JIS seat belts, and no front reflectors. I'm in the middle of getting it safetied at a shop that just treats this import like any other domestic.. meaning they don't check for compliance. But i got everything else. I'm just gonna be smart about it and park my car during Sunday cruise night because i KNOW that is when they set up inspection stations on all the busy streets. What did you end up doing with your taillights? Cuz i just put round dot lenses over mine and sealed them completely with silicon. Theres like no way they can detect i just put them over the stock lenses cuz you can't pry them off. Good luck with your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
        My car has been off the road for a while now too.. a couple weeks at least. I got a straight pipe muffler, non dot tires, JIS seat belts, and no front reflectors. I'm in the middle of getting it safetied at a shop that just treats this import like any other domestic.. meaning they don't check for compliance. But i got everything else. I'm just gonna be smart about it and park my car during Sunday cruise night because i KNOW that is when they set up inspection stations on all the busy streets. What did you end up doing with your taillights? Cuz i just put round dot lenses over mine and sealed them completely with silicon. Theres like no way they can detect i just put them over the stock lenses cuz you can't pry them off. Good luck with your car.
        there is no way they'll pass, u'll see at vehicle inspections, hopefully it does for you but I highly highly doubt it

Comment

Working...
        X