Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALberta, Edmonton can't pass inspection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALberta, Edmonton can't pass inspection!

Hello Everyone!

Well here is my case all I need to get my plates for my r32 is to get a pass on my inspection! but I took it in into midas for a OOP Inspection and they failed me for:

Car too low
    No Day time running lights
    Stock tires! (stupid)
    Air bags! (stupid)

Well I need help if anyone went threw this can you please help me getting my car passed.
    I have included some pictures so you can get an idea of the car.

I'm from Edmonton, go to millwoods imports on 34th ave and like 95thstreet by Mitsubishi, they pass anything. However you will need day time runners for sure or you'll get ticketed left right and center

Comment

Alright I'll try it out I'll post if its a pass or a fail

thanks for the info

Comment

cant fail on tires unless there under 4/32nds. air bags cant do **** about if its no stock they can not make you. also dtrl are not manditory tell 91. dont know what year yours is. also car is to low to who? the tech? no north american standards on skylines.
        1990 gtr .... in need of axle and some tlc
        1990 gtst 4 door, slammed, 2 toned, and fun.

Comment

Daytime runners ARE mandatory for any vehicle in Canada made or imported after Jan 1st, 1990. Easy to hook up anyways, just hit up can tire and pick up the hamsar unit. Very easy to install. If you're tires are DOT they can fail you for that but if they aren't worried about DOT then you'll just need to have 4/32" as was said before. As for your airbags, that's just stupid. If your car NEVER had airbags, it doesn't need airbags to pass any inspection. Take it to another shop once your tire and DRL situation is fixed.
          1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R - SOLD
          1995 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type-RA - Rod knock, then sold
          2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Comment

I had my car oop'd at edmonton frame and steel and they were very helpful. The manager kris was a real big help. Very nice lady to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by osius View Post
              Hello Everyone!

Well here is my case all I need to get my plates for my r32 is to get a pass on my inspection! but I took it in into midas for a OOP Inspection and they failed me for:

Car too low
              No Day time running lights
              Stock tires! (stupid)
              Air bags! (stupid)
              Car too low - maybe remove your lip. The rest you won't have an issue with
              Stock tires - If they have good tread it shouldn't matter.
              Air bags - Non-OEM equipment not required. They don't ask 1950's cars to install seatbelts, they won't ask you to install airbags.
              Daytimes - Required. #1 thing they will check for

In my opinion...wipe their inspection sheet where the sun don't shine and give it back. Then go somewhere else.

Comment

DOT tires are not required... it does not say anything about dot tires in the manual... inspectors who fail for this dont know there job... the tires are required to have load ratings on them and have sufficient tread...

my car is lower thna yours but your lip is bigger and sits slightly lower as a result, thats prolly what they complained about... morons...

air bags not required since its not OEM

DTRL are a must cheap and easy to install... my fog lights are set-up as my dtrl...

you might wanna change your bulbs to DOT bulbs... stick on a reflector for your front end, and add a reflector that lights up for your rear...

your headlights might also fail so be ready to either do the rockcrete headlights or fit in some accords

check your windsheild for as1 or as2 markings

and make sure everything else is mechanically sound...

my car failed its first inspections for rear inner tie rods( i did both inner and outer) and a torn cv-boot... good luck and happy driving
                How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                \'90 GTR32

Comment

We are an authorized OOP shop in Alberta.... I think we are the only performance orientated one. Next time take your car somewhere that enjoys working on them.
                  -Ryan
                  ryan@VEXperformance.com
                  Toll Free: 1.855.VEX.PERF Local: 403.243.1111

Authorized Canadian Dealer / Distributor / Tuner for:
                  Haltech Engine management Systems
                  OS Giken
                  TiAL Sport
                  Garrett Turbochargers
                  Tomei
                  Motul
                  Nismo
                  Rally Armor