X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Hand Drive R34 GTT

Ok here it goes, i am planing to move to canada in windsor
    My Car :
    Skyline R34 GTT has a RB25 engine from a R33 Skyline and has been converted from Right to Left hand Drive, because where i live i cant drive a right hand at all.
    Now what i was wondering was can i register it in ontario and is the port in canada a free port or i have to pay some kind of tax to release the car??.

Will not matter where the steering wheel is. Unless the car is 15 years or older, it will not be allowed into the country. Sure you can lie and say it's a 95 or 96 (since it's almost 2011) but if anyone looks into your car, it'll be crushed plus more issues for you to deal with. As unfortunate as it is, I'd either leave the car with someone you know, bring it over when it's 15 yrs old or sell it man. Not really any other option.
    1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R - SOLD
    1995 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type-RA - Rod knock, then sold
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Comment

also you will have to pay tax's for sure.. this is the western World, your taxed for everything all the time.. nothing is free.. the price you pay to live in the Free world.
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

ahh i see, damn really love this car have been with me since 7 years. so are skyline r33 GTR's easily available in canada or r32 GTR's??

Comment

33 gtr you can get pretty easy now...

91 GTR - 04 G35c - 91 celica.....

Comment

but if my car 99 model so in order to bring it in canada the year should be 2014??

Comment

ohh wait so if car should be 15 years old i even cant bring my R35 GTR??? i just bought it like 6 months ago

Comment

Originally posted by rud3boy89 View Post
                ohh wait so if car should be 15 years old i even cant bring my R35 GTR??? i just bought it like 6 months ago
                you may or may not be able to bring it... it depends on if the vehicle has a cmvss sticker saying its approved... you still might not be able to bring it in... but there is a chance
                How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                \'90 GTR32

Comment

If your are moving to Canada as a new immigrant you should check with immigration regarding taxes on personal belongings, the last I've heard anything that you have purchased more than 6 months before your landing date is tax free. If your are coming to Canada as a visitor then you can bring your car(s) here for one year(?) but after that you must "export" your cars outside Canada unless they are older then 15 years. If your are immigrating see 15 years rule.

Comment

can i register it as a kit car maybe??

Comment

If you tear it apart, import all the parts seperately and rebuild it in Canada sure. Car might eventually get crushed if the government decides to do a crackdown on these though lol.
                      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

one key phrase can be taken from all of this:

don't do it.
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

^ +1.
                          Originally posted by kengeroo
                          that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                          ...don't drink and ebay
                          '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Working...
                          X