Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The UCDA standing up for the JDM market...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The UCDA standing up for the JDM market...

Or Not
    Michael Hatch, flapping mouth for the UCDA had this nonsense to say to the CBC today.

I want to do something.. not sure what though!

So I am going to try to find Michael Hatch's phone number tomorrow and post it here for us to better inform him. Unless anybody has already found the phone number?

Comment

all I have to say to all of you outside of quebec...

*flamesuited up alrdy + inb4 quebecfag*

DID YOU REALLY THINK SITTING BY WATCHING QC PASS THAT LAW WOULDN'T AFFECT THE REST OF THE COUNTRY?....

when we wrote letter, marched, and demonstrated, and even appeared in court to defend our rights as a province to our RHD vehicles. the rest of canada didnt stand behind.. instead i saw a lot of "wow glad thats not us in there! phew!!"... well .. soon it will be.

and thats how it started for us too! one simple article in the news.... then someone propositioned the road minister and bam... next morning. no more RHD for qc.

also. my response to both of those articles is... i thought we lived in a semi-free market society.. the market wants RHD... the ppl who can't compete price wise don't... they should go out of business!!! i absolutley hate when government gets involved to curve industry.. its complete bullsh1t and makes me feel like i live in a communist country.

lastly: if all of canada decides to go this route i propose a large scale national demonstration.

on the grounds mentioned above

1) its not any more dangerous than any other vehicle. its not the vehicle but it is 100% the driver of the vehicle
      2) industry service ppl such as canada post and hydro vehicles and street sweepers are RHD...
      3) competition in a free market society.

/rant
      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

I just did something , go read and hit +1

Originally posted by Bonsai View Post
        Or Not
        Michael Hatch, flapping mouth for the UCDA had this nonsense to say to the CBC today.

I want to do something.. not sure what though!

Comment

Isnt Hatch CADA? Which is new car dealers?

This isnt the first time they have whined. They have had little pull in the past and their pleas have fallen by the wayside. Not overly concerned about this to be honest.

Comment

Would be fun for a small group of us to pay Mr Hatch a suprise visit with our vehicles and ask him to personally show us why they are unsafe.

Personally i'd like to strap him into my passenger seat and subject him to 10 laps in my GTR around Mosport next year and see how he feels about safety after that.

Originally posted by Matty View Post
            Isnt Hatch CADA? Which is new car dealers?

This isnt the first time they have whined. They have had little pull in the past and their pleas have fallen by the wayside. Not overly concerned about this to be honest.

Comment

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Michael Hatch
              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I want to punch this self-righteous liberal douchebag in the f****** trachea.

This is f****** CADA propaganda. All of these "facts and figures" are skewed or simply inaccurate.

"He also believes right-hand-drive vehicles are distracting to other motorists."

"I saw one recently and for a second it appeared there was a car in front of me that had no driver, because there was nobody on the left hand side of the car."

Let's also ban bright paint colours then. Bloody moron.
                03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Of course you do relalise that douches like this are in existence because it is illegal to kill them ? it's not his fault , it's the system!

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                    "He also believes right-hand-drive vehicles are distracting to other motorists."

"I saw one recently and for a second it appeared there was a car in front of me that had no driver, because there was nobody on the left hand side of the car."
                    This is my favourite part. If people are THAT distracted that they can't help but stare open mouthed at "the car with the steering wheel on the wrong side" and go plowing into a light pole/another car/wall/group of school children, they seriously should NOT be driving to begin with. It's just NOT that big a deal. Holy ****, it's a CAR. It drives! Y'know, zoom zoom and whatnot? Millions of them around you at every second of every day? People get so bent out of shape because it's a little bit different. Jesus... Leave RHD alone.
                    Originally posted by kengeroo
                    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                    ...don't drink and ebay
                    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

"If you increase the threshold for the suspension of these safety and environmental regulations to 25 years, as the Americans have done, as the Australians have done, as a lot of our trading partners have done, you're going to stem the tide of these right-hand-drive vehicles coming into Canada."
                      wow those r34 gtr spec II must be 15 years old that means. ohh and those new cemas etc must be old because according to this australia has a no cars newer then 15 years rule as well. I mean i know north america is on a different side to the date line to australia but damn i dodnt realise australia was actually years ahead in their dates.

damn idiots and their bs "facts"

Comment

Originally posted by Browny_R31 View Post
                        wow those r34 gtr spec II must be 15 years old that means. ohh and those new cemas etc must be old because according to this australia has a no cars newer then 15 years rule as well. I mean i know north america is on a different side to the date line to australia but damn i dodnt realise australia was actually years ahead in their dates.

damn idiots and their bs "facts"
                        australia does have a 25yr rule.... BUT it has acceptions to the rule.... you are allowed to import ANY vehicle regardless of age as long as the vehicle was not available new in the country... so no importing a civic if you could already get them...

they did this to protect dealerships and manufacturers and i for one have no problem with this.... allow us the vehicles we could never get... it wont affect me any...

hell i think there are only 5 vehicle followings that it would affect... rx7's, supras' celica's, landcruisers and 4runners.... oh cant forget about those civic's and subies... my bad...

further more... changing the law woudl affect LHD vehicle imports as well... ive looked at some mercedes and bmw's because of price... like a 500ls for under 10k... damn sexy of a v10 convertable beast...
                        How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                        \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                        \'90 GTR32

Comment

I haven't actually spoken to Hatch yet- they tell me he is out of the office but will be back in at 12pm- so far the only number I have to reach him at is 1-800-465-3054 and I will be trying to get a hold of him all day!!

Comment

^^^NICE^^^
                            Here's my take on it. Part of me would like to see RHD cars banned for only one reason. I won't be able to sell it, I can't drive it on the street and that only means one thing. My wife won't be able to stop me from having a full out track car!

Seriously, I hope we can get to the bottom of this. I'd really like to know why there is such a push to get RHD cars off the road. All of the reasons they mention are weak.

Go eff yourself Hatch.

Comment

Working...
                            X