Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10-day Trip permit denied??it doesnt say fit anywhere??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-day Trip permit denied??it doesnt say fit anywhere??

so.. i was allowed to register but denied a 10 day because they couldnt see it say the vehicle was fit for service...
    i asked what about the form 1 it says its undamaged condition
    and i have an appraisal detailing its meticulous mechanical condition, service history, and physical condition??it also has a valid shaken test 3 month old.. :"sorry nope"..

and again they asked "wheres the registeration papers??" right here in front of your the export certificate and heres the translation... "okay i have to call someone.. okay i can register you but you cant get a trip permit you need a safety first"...omg so i have to tow i around town? "yes you have to find other means."..
    omg!!!

HATERS
    but youll give the 17 yr old with the 1990 vw jetta bought for $200 trips???
    and i personally have registered and plated junk pile winterbeaters that are wonky
    and no problem...

people dont care if you paid money out of pocket
    they want debt not cash
    debt produces economic slavery

so im guessing the last thinga 50 yr women with a **** life
    cant stand seein a 26 yr old with a 22k car bought cash

like i said before HATERS

Isn't that the point of temp. permits? To let you drive a vehicle without plates and a service inspection?

Or is it another weird Ontario thing?
    BNR32- Sold
    1998 Evolution V

Comment

has nothing to do with hate...

i suggest going to a different insurance agent... phone around first and explain your situation over the phone... towing your vehicle around is not safe or finanicially smart...

a 10day permit is a little long anyways... you dont need 10days... when i did my insurance i got a 3 day which covered me getting to a shop, then to the inspection and then back to my house... when my car failed the first time due to tie rods, i waited until the parts got to me, then got a 1day insurance drove to the inspection place they fixed my tie rods and did the inspection where it failed again as they missed a partially torn cv boot the 1st time... left my car with them in there secure lot for a couple days while i waited for more parts, got the parts to them and they installed it, reinspected my car it passed... they had an insurance broker come to the shop where we did up all the insurance...

3 inspections done only paid for 1 of them... they gave me a discounted shop rate since i supplied the parts and the technicall info for the work they did such as tq specs and alignment specs...

i paid for 4 days worth of insurance and everything went smooth...

oh and did i mention i had all of this done at the president of CADA's home dealership
      How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
      \'90 GTR32

Comment

I thought you have to have a safety to get a permit?
        I just registered my winter car with a safety, and I didnt have any issues when I did my skyline
        1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

i have full coverage insurance on th skyline effective th 26th of oct
          i have a double stramped form 1
          and a registered car now
          no possible trip permit
          must safety first
          -needs drl's
          -right side license plate light
          -horn not sounding
          -battery not strapped down
          fail
          drl (not available through crappy tire) $300-$400 from nissan
          horn??? fuse wires who knows
          bulb.. so stupid
          and what a bungie to strap down -- so stupid
          and they still charged me $145.00 for the safety and emissons test
          **** napa

Comment

a permit is a way to get your car on the road till you get it safetied so you can register it a permit just you drive without plates for the amount of time you bought and the shop shouldnt charge you if the car fails
            Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

tell the mto and napa hwy #20 fonthill beside mto

Comment

i even showed them look its just this nothing wrong a fuse a bungie cord a turn light on myself and a bulb is that really going to kill people????
                can i please have a trip permit to get this done ...( i even bribed them with coffee money for all of them) they took the bribe and did nothing else to help me..
                then i had some guy offer a bent safety for $450 and he needs the ownership and an hour and a half trust me he says im not going to burn you ..... i fell to the ground laughing at him!!!!!!!

Comment

Odd, even the month breathers in the ICBC let me have a 14 day no plate permit without issue as the car was legally registered in Canada. I'm guessing that they wouldn't do it cause the car was not legally registered in Canada yet, ever. They're trying to stop imports, this is another technique. Don't worry though, once they win, your car will be worth lots but easy to write off as no one will fix it

Oh ya, you can make your own DRLs with $5 worth of wires and wire connectors lol. Forget modules, that's for people who don't know how to DIY

You pay cash for a car then try to bribe people with coffee money? I wonder if you used bank loan money as "cash" lol.
                  Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                  Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                  Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                  Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                  White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                  lol

Comment

Drive it to get a safety. The likelihood of getting caught is pretty slim. and if you go to a benson auto parts or something you can easily get a drl switch for super cheap. They're universal so just wire it in for the safety and then take it out. all the other **** is like 15 bucks and 20 dollars worth of work. I wouldn't stress to hard. MTO people are usually pissed off retards and there's nothing we'll ever be able to do about it. Good luck!

Comment

is ther e a diagram to wire the drl myself
                      i wouldnt think something i just twsist to ingauge would be a problem
                      just cause its freshly imported and i havent touched it yet
                      nissan is going to have a look and listen on monday
                      theres a 49.99 (crappy tire) aftermarket and a 300 nissan aftermarket
                      i just want a saftey an a non ****** electrical system
                      see what i can find tomorrow

volvo s and skylines are like the plague to mechanics just mentioning them and cringe

Comment

sounds like your going on broke for your car.

DRL - dude Cdn tire kit and read the instructions
                        LP bulb - maybe $2
                        Horn? Check the fuse, check the connection at the horn, and check the button. Fuses are cheap, and a horn should be easy to find off a junk one here, same with the button
                        Battery strap down kit from Canadian tire? Maybe $30

You paid $145 for a safety check and e-test. Doesn't mean your car will pass a safety.

To get a Temp plate in Ontario you'll need to have the ownership say FIT. There's no getting around it. tow it home, fix it the small stuff, and tow it back or get the shop to fix the issues. unless your broke......
                        Originally posted by M-type View Post
                        i have full coverage insurance on th skyline effective th 26th of oct
                        i have a double stramped form 1
                        and a registered car now
                        no possible trip permit
                        must safety first
                        -needs drl's
                        -right side license plate light
                        -horn not sounding
                        -battery not strapped down
                        fail
                        drl (not available through crappy tire) $300-$400 from nissan
                        horn??? fuse wires who knows
                        bulb.. so stupid
                        and what a bungie to strap down -- so stupid
                        and they still charged me $145.00 for the safety and emissons test
                        **** napa
                        Chris

Comment

lp bulb-check
                          battery strap it slipped behind battery but one side of the lock down is missing-check
                          horn fuse fine relay (dvom-point 1-2 goes -160, spike up to 70 and settles at 35 ish) 2-3 (n.o. 0)
                          so horn or button??

Comment

I don't know why you're getting all worked up about the trip permit. It has always been like that. It needs a FIT title meaning it has been safetied by the previous owner. They do things differently in Japan so they don't know how to determine if it was safetied by the Japan owner.

I think it's a reasonable system. I wouldn't want to give out a trip permit for a car that the previous owner couldn't get safetied.
                            Brendan : Union Autoclub
                            '01 Audi A4 quattro - daily
                            '90 240SX Coupe - RB25
                            I had a Skyline once.

Comment

Check for 12v at the horn connection. If you have power there then the horn is the issue. If not then either a fuse or relay. A relay is standard item and you should be able to match with something here.
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X