20 yr car appraisal needed ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 yr car appraisal needed ASAP

Does ANYONE on here know of a shop that can give me an appraisal for the GTR that I have without looking at it, so I can get it transferred to my name?

It seems to be the only quick way to get the title to my name and then sell the car to someone else.

Please let me know if you know someone. ASAP.

Thanks,
    Last edited by judasentinel; 12-08-2010, 12:01 AM. Reason: wrong title
    (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
    SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
    HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

Another important question:

If i buy a Skyline from someone in another province, say, BC, what do I need from the seller to give me in order to register it here in my nam e in Ontario? Is there any special documentation I need from the other province or the seller?

This stupid 20 yr rule is such a bother.

Any help about the documentation I need in Ontario to register an out of province car would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!

Comment

are you buying from a dealer?
      gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

i bought from calgary and brought to manitoba, you need the other drivers registration and insurance and i believe thats it...these would be combined if it's a public insurance (which it is in bc) and here you need a valid safety from either the province you bought it from or the province your registering it in.

hope this helps
        Originally posted by Paradis
        ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

and its 15 yr rule to be imported to canada
          Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by leeaspin View Post
            are you buying from a dealer?
            He bought it a while back but never actually changed the ownership to his name since the car never went on the road. Now he's selling it to someone in the US but he needs the car in his name to do so.
            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo_line View Post
              and its 15 yr rule to be imported to canada
              I think he's reffering to some ON specific rule with 20+ year old cars that you and I are not familiar with. By the sounds of it people have been under valueing classic cars to save on sales tax (like I do all the time, damn HST 12% bullsh1t).

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I'll be in a similar bind. Long story short, we changed insurance companies and no inspections were needed, 5 weeks later, I needed inspections on the 12years or older cars. Since I can't drive the gtr, it's only got fire/theft/van so now I gotta figure out how to get it passed as it's not exactly stock. I had a hard time passing it the first time cause the headlights weren't OEM. I imagine a tougher time now with my brakes/non ABS alone.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

here the info of a great appraisal. im sure he has to see the car tho.
                  Malcolm (416)843-8749

hope it helps, cheers

Comment

When I bought my gts in bc all I needed to have for the transfer to Ontario was a copy of the original ownership, insurance and a reciept of sale from the original owner. But you will obviously require a mechanical and proof of insurance to complete the transfer. I bought mine for 9000 at the time so I only had to pay ontario sales tax on it. Was like 900 bux or so for taxes, transfer, and plates. Not bad

Comment

That doesnt work for me since the car is just a shell and it is 20+ yrs old. In Ontario, if your car is 20 yrs old or more, you need to have it appraised by a dealer/appraiser who is authorized to do it. I can go to classic car appraisers and have them do it for $150 or so, but the car isnt here yet. I know for a fact that some shops also have this appraisal facility.

I really need help guys......urgently. The guy I sold my GTR to is unable to transfer it in his name because the MTO office in HIS town are asking ME to first transfer it in my name and then give him a bill of sale. In Toronto, you dont need to do it this way as many people sell their cars they buy without transferring it in their name - you just have to give two bills of sale - one from you and one from the previous owner.

So help me............
                      (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X