No announcement yet.

MPI (Manitoba Public Insurance) and Vehicle Standards are a ******* JOKE... WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPI (Manitoba Public Insurance) and Vehicle Standards are a ******* JOKE... WOW

Ok so I'm one of the few FULLY DOT approved skylines running around in my city, HOWEVER rocking 96 Honda Prelude lights lets be honest looks like ****... So I have decided to go ahead and do the Bi-Xenon projectors from theretrofitsource.com... I phoned them today and was talking to them, He says a lot of guys have done it and haven't had any problems passing inspection with them, cut off line is good, light output is more than enough, etc HOWEVER Manitoba just has to ruin everything, because the projectors do not have a DOT/SAE stamp anywhere on them they will not pass, I phoned those clowns at Vehicle Standards and they basically just shot me down, when I asked them to physically look at them, realize they are pointed LHD not RHD, that they have the exact amount of light output that is legal, that they are 100% legal and the same as any other light on the ******* road they're reply was "there is no dot/sae marking it will not pass" like what the ****, what is wrong with these people? THere is a lot of newer vehicles on the roads that don't have a DOT/SAE stamp on them,,, I'm getting really fed up with these clowns and am about to blow up , this is a joke...

this was mainly just a rant more than anything, but I had to let you guys know, and the guys that are going for their inspections coming up soon in Winnipeg, all Im going to say is GOOD LUCK, specially you Rush, I talked to you on the phone the other day and you are gonna have to do the reverse lights I can almost guarntee you that, and third brake light..

/end rant

wow

plus one on that man its all ********
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

seriously? reverse lights? lol what a joke.
      Originally posted by Paradis
      ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

ya dude, I had to ******* cut holes in my rear bumper to put reverse lights in, not happy about it, although it doesn't look that bad I still hate it lol,,, I'll take some pics in like a week or two when It starts getting nice out!

Comment

Jesus... Manitoba's getting as bad with inspections as Ontario is with insurance... This is just ridiculous!
          Originally posted by kengeroo
          that's what I thought when I opened the package..
          ...don't drink and ebay
          '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Sad part is, the vehicles and drivers on our road are pathetic. The driving ed course is such a joke that it seems like every second new driver has an accident within 1 week of getting their license. most of the cars on our road are at least 10 years old and not anywhere near good condition...and to top it all off, we have one of the if not the worst crime rate in canada, and the murder capital of the world (most murders per capita).

They can't solve or prevent any of this **** from happening, but they can make sure we have dot lights...one more reason to hate this **** hole.

Comment

Yikes, reverse lights? Holy Cristous on a Cracker! I am surprized no-one has gone postal on them yet.

Hmmmm......this is the last straw I suppose, I was thinking of moving back to my old hometown of WinterPeg and put up with the harsh-ass winters. I could sell my house here and move into a similar house there while pocketing about $100k. I almost had the wife convinced to move last year but work picked up here again (railroad) and that got skuttled.

If I can't bring the GTR and not avoid having it buchered to meet these rediculous requirements it ain't gonna happen. They can stick DOT right up their ass.

Jon.
              Last edited by Dragon Humper; 04-06-2011, 04:05 AM.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

lol please come back! your super knowledgeable, it would be nice having you hear to organize some sort of formal approach agaisnt mpi.

I don't blame you though, im pretty sure after im set up with my embalming and directors licenses between 2-4 years from now im thinking about movin west. I enjoy edmonton so much every time i go out there for paintball.
                Last edited by Tony-R32; 04-06-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Yeah I hear ya Adam. Although I have purchased new reverse lights (princess auto fog lights) with a big fat DOT stamp on them so I should be alright. Still looking for a dot third brake light.. I'll probably hit up the salvage yard soon.

Comment

Manitoba Court Case - E13 LHD Headlamps Not Accepted as DOT equiv.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Thought this should be posted here for info.

A lady in Manitoba has had her Delica L400 taken off the road, and has gone to court and failed to get E13 LHD E-Code headlamps accepted. Of course this is ridiculous because it means all the BMW/Mercedes/SMART/VW's with Ecode headlamps must also be taken off the road as a result of this court ruling...yeah that'll happen...

grabed this from ivoac.ca im sorry to say it but i think you manitobans should be either moving to another province or get lawyers cause you're gona need them
                    How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                    \'90 GTR32

Comment

Broken Link.

But as far as e-code goes.. I've not heard of Manitoba accepting anything but DOT and SAE. So I think that as long as we stick with those parts we should be alright.

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                      Manitoba Court Case - E13 LHD Headlamps Not Accepted as DOT equiv.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Thought this should be posted here for info.

A lady in Manitoba has had her Delica L400 taken off the road, and has gone to court and failed to get E13 LHD E-Code headlamps accepted. Of course this is ridiculous because it means all the BMW/Mercedes/SMART/VW's with Ecode headlamps must also be taken off the road as a result of this court ruling...yeah that'll happen...

grabed this from ivoac.ca im sorry to say it but i think you manitobans should be either moving to another province or get lawyers cause you're gona need them

Comment

for 3rd brake light use the 3rd brake light out of an old volkswagon passat. looks prime.

Comment

This reaks of agenda, there is no way that the judge had an open mind. The sad part is E13 is far superior to DOT, the EuroSpec lights for an Impala SS that I mentioned in the other thread were E13.

The theory of that not being the forum do discuss the validity of E-coded lights sound fishy to me. If Susan had pictures of brand new vehicles being sold with E13 lights (sounds like she didn't) and are not deamed unacceptible then the ticket must be thrown out. There is obviously presidence that E13 lights are good for MPI if that is the case, judges are all about presidence.

That again goes back to my rant in the other thread, if E13 and JIC are good to go for a new vehicle then they ALL have to be, dating all the way back to the begining when they started stamping the lenses.

At least in her case she can just throw on some DOT snow plow lights and she is good to go, it's just a shame she spent (someone did anyway) $1000 on E13 lights that didn't mean anything to those MPI Natzis (Natzi is a perfect description).

Jon.
                          Last edited by Dragon Humper; 04-07-2011, 01:09 AM.
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

heres what some of the guys have been saying on winnipegheights:

Afaik, there will be an announcement by the courts denouncing the VIU. There have been several recent cases of search and seizure by the WPS via the VIU which have been deemed unlawful. This constant waste of the courts time has angered several Judges and Crowns alike so the following action will prolly be taken:

1) An inquest or internal review will be ordered of WPS' actions and, as such, the VIU along w/ MPI. Neither MPI nor the WPS is budgeted for this so this can only bring us good results.
                            2) A stern "request" to halt all further actions of the VIU.
                            3) A caution to the WPS to halt their involvement in the unlawful search and seizure actions of the VIU.

There u go...Now all of u paranoid ding dongs can safely take yo pimped rides out again!

and heres some more
                            Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                            X