Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rhd on ownership papre(green slip)??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhd on ownership papre(green slip)??????

i got stopped this weekend by opp on a offramp of the 401 (r.i.d.e. program)
    thay pulled me aside being rude saying do i have a permmit to drive a rhd car & my ownership(green slip) dosent have rhd printed on it & i herd about the damn rhd sticker thing too. thay said to get it all fixed and give me warning but next time thay stop me & it not done thay are taking my car.???????

--i have never herd of a ownership having a spot for rhd or lhd cars on it ?
    has anyone ever herd of such a thing.? is this true . i went to the mto the girl there had no idea what i was talking about ..
    1990 nissan skyline gtr r32 - weekend driver
    2003 Cadillac Deville DHS - Daily Driver

Honestly, I'd call the police division those officers are from and ask specifically what they mean.
    They are basically lying to you, or do not know the laws themselves.
    RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
    http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
    1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl @ RightDrive View Post
      They are basically lying to you, or do not know the laws themselves.
      Right here.
      There is no special permit or anything like that needed to operate RHD vehicles.
      All you would MIGHT need is that "Right Hand Drive Vehicle" sticker UNLESS it has the turn signals, which our cars do.
      I would have asked the cops for their badge numbers and such and then complain later on.
      1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

I would pretty much make a routine to ask every officer his badge number before entering any conversation. It might prevent them from harassing people in the first place.
        RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
        http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
        1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

cops love lying to your face.

Comment

Just dumb cops, they'll end up looking stupid later if they try to take your car so don't worry about it
            Polish Power

Comment

Does anyone happen to have the paper that describes the laws on rhd cars. Now that I have 2 I would like to print it off and keep it in the glove box of both
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

ya i have papers printed off about the rhd sticker ect.. but when you show a copper them lmao thay turn to you n say oh this is old & it has changed now but nothing has changed. but really what can you do when your on the side of the road at 2am.?
                just smile n nod & hope that give your lic n stuff back so you can just get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl @ RightDrive View Post
                  I would pretty much make a routine to ask every officer his badge number before entering any conversation. It might prevent them from harassing people in the first place.
                  i do have a little black book i keep in my gtr .i dont ask them there info cause thay just get mad n rude & i dont need to make it worse then it is. but i do look at there name tag & badge # and just wright it down after or on the spot dont matter.

but paper dont do **** now n days need it on camra this is kinda why i wanted to put a cam & mic installed in my gtr lmao cause video says it all & if thay ever ask why i have cam in my car ill just say it for my safety .just like thay say "you are being recorded for our safety" lol
                  Last edited by ruckusx2; 05-30-2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

^ Excellent idea. My friend had one in his car since he kept getting harassed by the police. It worked well for him
                    Originally posted by kengeroo
                    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                    ...don't drink and ebay
                    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

I would love to put one in my car! I think I just might. It would be kind of hard to hide though
                      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Its a shame to see all the hate towards police officers here. If an officer gives you a hard time, take down his info and just take it to court. They aren't all out to get you, in fact its pretty much the opposite.

The fact of the matter, most of the people in Skyline that they DO harass SHOULD BE harassed (driving like a**holes, missing paperwork, missing MTO-required parts). If you drive in a civilized manner and show respectful answers to an officer, you'll have nothing to worry about.
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

in instances like these, be very polite, also ask for a business card from the officer who gives you the written warning or ticket... all cops are required to carry business cards, it is part of there uniform... without such business card they are considered to be out of uniform... getting the business card is a useful tool... that way when you have 'up to date' information regarding the issues they have and can show them this information you can call the officer up and show him... if you didnt get the business card you can bring that up in court, and make the cop really look the fool, first by showing he doesnt know the laws hes attempting to enforce and second because the cop cant even show up to work prepared in full uniform...

as for them pulling you over on an offramp(not supposed to do that its like pulling you over on a bridge...), it sounds like they did not have probable cause... did they give you a written warning? or was it just verbal, if it was verbal then it means nothing and they were harrassing you... if it was written you can and should take it to the detatchment and educate them on whats wrong... also ask them why they pulled you over... this is not nazi germany so they dont have any right to pull you over to make sure your papers are in order...
                          How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                          \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                          \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                            The fact of the matter, most of the people in Skyline that they DO harass SHOULD BE harassed (driving like a**holes, missing paperwork, missing MTO-required parts). If you drive in a civilized manner and show respectful answers to an officer, you'll have nothing to worry about.
                            how can they pull you over for 'missing paperwork' ?

unless the person was driving eratically or giving them probable cause to pull them over and investigate... i see no reason for them to pull someone over...
                            How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                            \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                            \'90 GTR32

Comment

"oakville-The fact of the matter, most of the people in Skyline that they DO harass SHOULD BE harassed (driving like a**holes, missing paperwork, missing MTO-required parts). If you drive in a civilized manner and show respectful answers to an officer, you'll have nothing to worry about."

oh ok so when i was pulling off hwy in my case seen a o.p.p there got asked to pull to the side .i did,
                              coper comes up asking me if i have a permit to drive a rhd car ? i was like what?
                              oh he says your ownership dont have rhd on it ???? i was like what?
                              then he attemps to put his hand in my car to unlock it & with outher hand from out side tryed to open it. & while he doing this he is"Asking me to get out "lol more like making me get out.i pushed his hand away from my locks and said RELAX BUDD n got out then sit on grass for 3hrs oh by the way i was going home at 11:45pm when i got stoped & left close to 3am just sitting there .i fought for the rhd sticker n proved my point to them with there own law on that one .
                              but i had never herd of owner ship in my life stating RHD or LHD drive -have you ?
                              or drivers lic stating you are able to drive a rhd car? - have you ?
                              so i asked them so why when i plated & stickerd my car the mto didnt give me a ownership stating rhd on it if it the law?
                              all thay say was -GET IT FIXED OR WE TAKING YOUR CAR."ya right lol"

@ oakville & for your info i was driving pretty good 2,400rpm 5th gear doing 110km & then getting off the hwy comming to a red light ? had all my paper work..but as you say i had nothing to worrie about right lol.
                              & this comment makes me laugh hard
                              "Its a shame to see all the hate towards police officers here"..ya your right i stoped my self n harrassed my self on a off ramp going home lol
                              and you cant just get harrassed once and take it to court you need alot of proof to even to be able to do anything really.
                              hence this is why cams/mic are good idea.i wish you could be in my car this day then you could see for your self.oh ya i got told by the op thay smelled weed in my car to but all thay found (which was the smell) was a tree air freshener peach in my doors.wow call the dogs out for this one lol
                              all i wanted to do in this post was conferm that ownership & lic really didnt need rhd on it. it was not for hate for cops but if thay wanna be hard ass for nothing why should i even talk to them for.? i didnt do nothing & dont i have legal rights for stuff like this ...last time i look yes i did have rights not my fault these guys watched fast n furious to many times and got a hard on when thay seen my skyline. rember this all happened in durham regon ritson rd & 401 which is GM country and yes these ppl out here mostly hate jap-cars but stil dont give em the right to pull stuff like this what if it happened to you?

@CSCHEPP- maybe in rear view merrior take apart put 2 cames in it one facing your window the next facing front window & put your mic there toon bottom.
                              use small spy cams.
                              Last edited by ruckusx2; 05-31-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X