Etest Blues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etest Blues.

As if a safety wasn't har enough to obtain now I have the Emissions blues. I feel without a doubt my car would pass but unfortunately the RB20DET doesn't exist.

I tried at a local transmission/Engine shop which offers the ever so wonderfull Drive Clean testing. I walked in and asked to book an appointment and he said were good to go now. So I hand him the keys and out the door he went.

about 5 minutes later he walks in with this face -> and starts complaining about it being RHD and how I have to bring it in if I want it done. He then asks for the VIN and punches it in and again with this specific face he says.. Can't find the engine code. I pointed to the motor and said RB20DET. He tried flipping through a book and searching some other stuff and said.. Can't help ya.. You gotta move that thing I got better things to do than Mess around here.

IMO this guy is a ****. He probably has one of those bumper stickers saying "Out of a job yet? Keep buying imports" in his Cummins Diesel waving his cowboy hat out the window screamin' YEEEE-HAWWW.

Now i'm discouraged to spend another $35 at another place to get an etest and have the same thing happen. Is there any information I should be armed with for the next cowboy or is there a loophole or anything? Thanks in advance guys.

tell the guy he's a fag and that he can manually enter the skyline into his system as a grey market vehicle

Comment

It seems pretty random. I brought mine over to the local Chrysler/Dodge dealership and they had no problems at all. Actually, it was good that I went there - the only thing that didn't pass was the venting gas cap, and a Sebring cap fits perfectly (and they had one in stock).
      '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
      at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

I'm a licensed Emissions Tester. All you have to do is enter the V.I.N exactly as it is on the green ownership card. The machine will say "wtf?" you enter it again, it will say "wtf? r u sure?" Then you click "yes". You proceed normally until the vehicle information screen, where you enter the model year, make: "Nissan", Model "Skyline", engine size: "2.0", No. of Cylinders: "06", and the rest you enter as normally, you don't have to select "grey market vehicle," apparently some guys do, but I didn't the first time and didn't get in trouble so I haven't done it since.

The test will run as a normal RWD test and it will use emissions limits for a 2.0L 6 cylinder from whatever model year it is. Usually for the older cars they are much more relaxed than the newer model years.

Anyway, go back and tell him how it's done. If not, bring it down to Niagara and I can do it for you

I do tests on imports all the time as we have a taxi company that runs imported London Cabs for the tourists right nearby... yes they are also RHD!
        Last edited by CelicaKidd_205; 06-18-2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

iirc mine had to be selected under grey market cuz mine is a gtr and a 2 spd idle test was performed

Comment

Originally posted by ck_chino View Post
            iirc mine had to be selected under grey market cuz mine is a gtr and a 2 spd idle test was performed
            It doesn't make a difference if it's a TSI or not. I tested my GT-Four as non-grey market, and I do all those cabs likewise with a diesel test.

Comment

Originally posted by CelicaKidd_205 View Post

Anyway, go back and tell him how it's done. If not, bring it down to Niagara and I can do it for you

Im going to hit the Nissan Dealership on Monday and hopefully I can explain to him what you recomended. If that doesn't work then looks like im comin' down to see you. Niagara is only 45 - 1hr from me anyways so it would be completly worth it. And thanks for the advice!

Comment

Had the same issue
                My 13 digit vin # was put in like 30 times until the sstem finally said **** it and accepted it. And yes, run it under a grey market vehicle. Or find a shop, pay them cash and have them do an e test on the same cylinder engine that they know will pass. Shady? Sure, but do what you gotta do. The whole emissions ******** is a cash grab, still no proof we caused the o zone problems... Just the cycle of the earth re generating itself. Airplanes and industry do more damage in a day than any motorist will do in a lifetime
                R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

brampton,ontario -hwy 10 & bovard accross from the ministry did mine,no problems
                  1993 GTR
                  1992 GTS-T Type - M (Sold)

Comment

mississauga emission center burnhamthorpe and mclaughin i a drive clean i passed with flying colors first time no problems in an out in 10 minutes no appointment needed

Comment

Go to Brampton Subaru and they will put it in the system they you go with them over to ford dealership and Subaru mechanic will do it for you no prob ask for dean or John at the Subaru tell them I send you my name Austin I got a gtr.

Comment

Working...
                      X