Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta won't do full insurance coverage on RHD??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta won't do full insurance coverage on RHD??

I spoke with two of my co-workers and both of them said that their insurance companies will only insure them for liability because they drive RHD. Is this a normal trend in Alberta or do I just have to shop around for a company that will provide comprehensive??

Ah the joys of private insurance, all the private insurers for extended coverage in BC won't do JDMs either. They lost all my other business, and the business of all my extended family......they didn't care. Imagine, they just lost about $4000 in revenue a year and didn't care. Private insurance blows dog.

I don't think you will get coverage unless you pay through the nose for it.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I would shop around, I have mine with full coverage i believe as well insured for the apprasied value of the car. I pay extra for that but i have had no issues yet with mine.
      Fully built GT-R

Comment

I'm in Alberta and get full coverage on my car. I use TWinsurance. The reason most companies won't do full coverage is because the book value on these cars is low and it's nearly no difference in price cause they'll write it off either way in most cases. An appraisal is the only way to get full coverage if they're being jerks HOWEVER if your car is modded and the appraisal says so, you might not even get liability. Even if your skyline were new and 100% oem, the book value is low.

Shop around if you don't mind paying more for peace of mind but a simple fender bender that requires a few panels and paint is probably worth more than our cars.
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I know since last summer a lot of companies in Alberta won't do comprehensive or collision on RHD anymore. Too many idiots buying full insurance and crashing them within a month or two. If you shop around enough you may be able to find something :/
          BlackAura (Kevin)
          1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
          2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
          1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

Co-operators is willing to give me full coverage. I haven't finalized the policy yet though, still waiting on my appraisal to come through.

Comment

Originally posted by louis110 View Post
              Co-operators is willing to give me full coverage. I haven't finalized the policy yet though, still waiting on my appraisal to come through.
              I'm with Co-Operators, been fully covered for about 4 years now.
              (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 1990 BNR32

Comment

Alright so I got insurance and my car is plated and ready to go! You really do have to shop around as each insurance company has different policies and some require you to jump through more hoops than other companies. My insurance now (with two tix) is cheaper than what I was paying in Ontario (with a clean record), gotta love it.

Comment

Goddammit, Ontario... Why do we have one of the worst provinces for insurance?
                  Originally posted by kengeroo
                  that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                  ...don't drink and ebay
                  '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Working...
                  X