What's the scoop in BC nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the scoop in BC nowadays?

So i'm moving to Van next month, and I've put my car up on the market here in alberta. Partly cause i don't think i'll have a garage anymore, and also the whole ICBC/OOP stuff over the sounds daunting.

Any ex-albertans bring their cars out there? Or maybe just recent Skyline owners? Just wondering what's the state of affairs these days trying to get your car on the road. I may consider bringing mine with me next spring if i find it's not as bad as i think it is.

thanks,
    (PM me if you have answers you don't want to publicly announce)
    1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

the icbc/oop stuff is not daunting... and if anything your car should already be compliant with the regs... otherwise you are currently driving an non-compliant vehicle...

it took me very little time to get my car on the road and cost very little as well...
    How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
    \'90 GTR32

Comment

it's aircare that you should be worried about.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
        the icbc/oop stuff is not daunting... and if anything your car should already be compliant with the regs... otherwise you are currently driving an non-compliant vehicle...
        Well i'm not gonna run my car the shop for an inspection after every modification i make. And i know certain places doing OOPs are more particular about some mods than others..

I've owned this car for 5 years, don't think i don't know what comes with going through the motions. I don't need to be spoken to like some doush with his first car.

If it's just gonna be smartass answers like this, then i'll stick to PM'ing ppl.
        1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Its all pretty simple..

I can help you get your car passed no worries..

as long as it isnt slammed, has good tires you are good to go..

PM me.. for more help/info..

and Welcome to BC.
          Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

^^ Cheers,

I haven't dropped it, and it has new rubber.

I'll drop you a line here later on this month.
            1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
              Well i'm not gonna run my car the shop for an inspection after every modification i make. And i know certain places doing OOPs are more particular about some mods than others..

I've owned this car for 5 years, don't think i don't know what comes with going through the motions. I don't need to be spoken to like some doush with his first car.

If it's just gonna be smartass answers like this, then i'll stick to PM'ing ppl.
              i wasnt being a smart ass nor was i talking to you like some douche... seems to me like you took something personal when it was not so...

the oop is easy. if you have a compliant car in ALB then you should have one in BC... only real difference will be air care... which is easy to pass as long as your car is running proper...

you asked a question to which you received responses... none of the responses were sugar or sh*t coated so i dont see why you took them as such...

i brought my car over from alberta, and the only things it needed to pass were reflectors, new cv boots and rear inner tie rods...

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
              \'03 Dodge SX2.0
              \'90 GTR32

Comment

Who drives a neon sx2.0?
                I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by danwit View Post
                  Who drives a neon sx2.0?
                  i do... got a problem with it? it replaced my rustang when it died 6 yrs ago... its been good to me ever since... makes for a decent winter ride that i dont worry about... what did you drive before you got your gts? your moms mini van? your dads moped? i fail to see how your comment has any relevance to this thread...

/wrist

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                  \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                  \'90 GTR32

Comment

OMG it's worst than an office full of women. STFU everyone
                    03 lancer dead
                    68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                    05 chevy silverado L33
                    2010 crv Wife's ride
                    1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

lol!!

Comment

pass your car thru OOP w/ the help of Big Ben.

problem solved, welcome to BC.

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                          problem solved, welcome to BC.
                          The best most expensive place on earth

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                            i do... got a problem with it? it replaced my rustang when it died 6 yrs ago... its been good to me ever since... makes for a decent winter ride that i dont worry about... what did you drive before you got your gts? your moms mini van? your dads moped? i fail to see how your comment has any relevance to this thread...

/wrist
                            Dude. You drive a neon... Does it have sweet underglow, stick on hood scoops, windshield wiper wings, 6" Ractive muffler and spinner hub caps?
                            I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by danwit View Post
                              Dude. You drive a neon... Does it have sweet underglow, stick on hood scoops, windshield wiper wings, 6" Ractive muffler and spinner hub caps?
                              LOL.......Yea, Neons are a Ralph Nader special......unsafe at any speed. A winter beater is a perfect role for them.

Welcome Paradis, hope to see you this fall in a meet of some type, or the Langley Cruise-in.

Jon.
                              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X