Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not able to get an OOP on right hand drive anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to get an OOP on right hand drive anymore.

Today, having the day off I went into canadian tire to get my tacoma inspected and being proactive I asked them if they would be able to inspect my incoming Gt-R. The tech told me that one year ago, right hand drives were banned from entering canada and all existing cars were grandfathered in.

WHAT THE ****?

Is this true? Or is canadian tire just trying to keep themselves out of any liability?

Haha, you just spoke to a stupid candian tire guy. RHD are not banned (although good luck getting a new one registered in quebec). Go elsewhere.

Comment

*banned. From getting an out of country inspection

Comment

I figured as much, I'll definitely correct the guy once I get the car inspected

Comment

Tech at Canadian tire? Well you can tell right off the bat, they're bullshitters HAHHA
          GTRC-OG

Comment

Well, you see, they work @ CDN tire, so you'll just have to expect less intelligence and integrity from them.

Comment

^ What they said lol. Bring your car to another garage. Preferably without a bunch of kids that don't know cars working at it :P
              Originally posted by kengeroo
              that's what I thought when I opened the package..
              ...don't drink and ebay
              '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

With the exception of Quebec, RHD Cars are NOT banned!

Some shops are just not wanting to do OOP

Comment

Yeah went into the mitsubishi dealership today, they'll do it no problem and install a module for DRLs

Comment

Just some part timer not knowing anything about imports working at Canadian tire.

Comment

Hey I work at Canadian tire

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Jack View Post
                        Today, having the day off I went into canadian tire to get my tacoma inspected and being proactive I asked them if they would be able to inspect my incoming Gt-R. The tech told me that one year ago, right hand drives were banned from entering canada and all existing cars were grandfathered in.

WHAT THE ****?

Is this true? Or is canadian tire just trying to keep themselves out of any liability?
                        The first mistake was going into Canadian Tire for anything automotive. I am an Auto Technician, and would gladly do an OPI on a RHD. They have no real working knowledge of JDM's and simply refuse them because they can't make money off it due to the inability to source parts. I worked at a Can Tire for a few months to make some extra cash, and what I saw scared the living **** outta me. It's like the blind leading the blind, lol. Go to a reputable shop to get it done and save yourself a huge headache. I made the mistake of taking a car there once before I got into the trade and they managed to install my brakes on the wrong sides of the car, causing them to lock and burn up 15 min from the store. Then they refused to correct the problem which wound up costing me an extra $1500 to fix myself on car car that was worth $4000.
                        Sorry for the rant, just don't like to see people get screwed by idiots.
                        1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
                        -Bruce Lee

Comment

Dont know much about them yet since i've only begun lookin into skylines and importing cars but i was just told by someone at a nissan dealer that they are banning rhd vehicles in canada :s i was told its in effect in quebec (maybe ontario?) And slowly making its way over..... told me if i wanted a skyline to get one asap! Before the ban makes it to BC and gave me the number to an import shop in vancouver (i cant afford to buy one yet though ) but is it true or is it only a rumor??

Comment

Ugh, not this again. NO they are not banning RHD vehicles. It is illegal to import a RHD vehicle into Quebec, but those grandfathered in in that province are fine. In Ontario (and thus, I'm sure every other province), the ministry of transport has no plans of banning RHD vehicles.
                            Originally posted by kengeroo
                            that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                            ...don't drink and ebay
                            '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

So much facepalm in this thread.
                              03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Working...
                              X