vehicle defect ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vehicle defect ticket

So i was stopped , apparently wheels are rubbing causing damage to tires (dunlop direzzas with cast lines on the sidewall from factory, NOT wheel rub)

The suspension is too hard (cant press it down).

I have a noisy exhaust ( full greddy system with 1 cat , 1 muffler and 2 resonators )

I have to get it all repaired (even though there is nothing to repair) and then get it inspected .

Any ideas ?

Get out of ontario.
    03 lancer dead
    68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
    05 chevy silverado L33
    2010 crv Wife's ride
    1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Originally posted by GTRADDICT View Post
      Get out of ontario.
      and don't stop in quebec on your way out
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

OPP? How are you to repair that lol..I don't know what to say. Its a modified car, its still legal.
        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Is your suspension adjustable? If so raise it up and loosen the dampning. As for the exhaust if you have two resonators i doubt its that loud at all. I would challenge it. Did the cop hava a decible meter? Last resort , just throw a baffle in it for the inspection.
          I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

suspension is adjustable , its not that low and its set on the softest setting. I can just about make it move im 260 lbs) the 5ft2" cop that must have weighed 120lbs soaking wet could not . I have zeal coilovers.

The exhaust is a full system with proper mufflers , nothing to do to that .

The tires have no sidewall damage .

Comment

Sounds like the cop has a bad case of douchebagisitis. No suprise though
              I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

Lol, that sucks! I've never heard of a law where you have to be able to push on a car and make it move up and down? What would the range of movement allowed be, and how to be measured lol.
                Did he write down the applicable HTA number for that one?
                As for muffler I think the only way to win is go to court and tell them it's the muffler the car came with, it has all proper emissions equipment installed.
                Sounds like you have a simple case of bad luck and a cop with a chip on his shoulder.
                RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

You can use my wheels for the inspection.

Comment

Fight it, fight it, fight it. Cop was just on a power trip, it seems
                    Originally posted by kengeroo
                    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                    ...don't drink and ebay
                    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

I have a meeting with the staff sargeant in the station on highway 3 later , I do IT support for their crimestoppers and victim services detatchment so they know me somewhat , he told me to bring the car and he'll look at the paperwork. I'm also getting a signed document from Brant tire to confirm the tires have no contact damage.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

Keep at it Paul. I seems like a power trip from a cop.
                        I am sure you will have no problem getting out of it.
                        1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

My friend got a ticket because "his exhaust was too wide". The popo are really power trippin lately it seems =/ Just keep fightin them off and maybe they'll give us a break eventually. Oh and he easily faught off that ticket :P
                          91 Skyline GTS-4 RB20DET

Comment

just got back , and it's all been taken care of !

Comment

Good to hear that it all worked out man!

Comment

Working...
                              X