My first Godzilla!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Godzilla!

Hey guys, so I'm looking at getting an r32 and I have gone through some steps so far, 1) I was pre approved for 10grand car loan from my bank (rbc) 2) found a broker who wants to rape me with 10K + a year for insurance ( But so far i have been hearing some good things from " Facility Auto Insurance " I believe that's what its called), pretty much not going withe broker and lastly I read up on terra2imports and I have heard tons of great things...

Just a few questions

1) Is this importing process still up to date

"IN ONTARIO:

1. Get a transit by showing these 3 documents:
    - Bill of sale *copy*
    - Import form *original*
    - De-registration (english translated) *copy*
    2. Pay 7.5% of provincial tax
    3. Proof of insurance (just the name of the company and the policy number is sufficient--get your insurance carrier to place temporary blanket coverage on it until you get your appraisal)
    4. Your plates (or buy new plates there).

Your jdm VIN# is fine for the province.
    Once you get the car registered, have it appraised, and when you get the report make sure you send it to your insurance company and have them put a 19A policy on it, which will guarantee the appraised value of the car will be paid out if the car is totalled.

I cannot stress enough how imporant it is to talk to someone at the MTO who's experienced in handling gray-market cars. You should deal with the manager, and not some lackey. Certain MTOs in the province are better than others. Ask around GTRC for suggestions. Also too, if you can, call ahead to get them ready for you when you arrive. Otherwise you risk wasting your time arguing with some idiots behind the counter. :roll;" -JZ

2) How is Terra2imports and does anybody known approximately how much it would cost to import and r32 ( like the overallllll price)

3) Whats the best auto insurance for a 20yr old male, full G license, squeaky clean record, been insured at work through company car for just over 6months now.... Also I am looking at getting the r32 in spring so it doesn't have to fight the winter and that way I have time to prep and read up..

Thanks to everyone for replying!

also I was looking at this r32 from terra

Comment

just curious why you dont buy one for sale in your area?

also someone correct me if im wrong but i thought the v spec didnt come with abs, this one appears to have it...
      Last edited by gtst_type_m; 11-27-2011, 12:34 PM.
      93 laser sold
      91 skyline gtst totaled
      92 skyline gtr current

Comment

Honestly, it's extremely difficult for 20 year olds to get insurance in Ontario. I'd do some more research into the insurance side of things before you go any further.
        3 or 4 years of a clean driving record unfortunately doesn't mean very much.
        With Facility don't be surprised if they quote you in the range of $6-$10K per year.
        It sounds like negative advice, but I'd suggest waiting 5 years until you are older and have more driving experience and more insurance options. These cars are not cheap to insure or maintain at your age, and you'd be better off waiting, saving and buying one when the timing is better for you.
        Last edited by Daryl @ RightDrive; 11-27-2011, 12:58 PM.
        RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
        http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
        1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

+1^ Ill be 24 next year and facility seems to want more money every year to insure these things. I'll probably end up parking my car for a few years after my engine break in. One thing you should really think about is taking out a loan for a GTR. Paying for it is just the start.
          Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

+1 to the above...

Oh, and I wouldn't bother with terra 2.

I wouldn't doubt there are so many skylines for sale on Ontario kijiji for low prices (since hardly anyone can find reasonable insurance, or younger kids bought a cheap one and realized they would be raped for insurance, so they are now selling it).
            BNR32- Sold
            1998 Evolution V

Comment

Yea... You guys are right but damn do I want one badly... I mean i gotta try and see... I have a good broker who's a family friend if that helps...

I was also thinking I put the ownership under my dads name and go as occasional but I'm not sure if I can do that since we already have 2 cars insured

Comment

Who told you good things about Facility? That's the worst lie ever. They'll insure you 100% which is great but they'll rape you in the process.
                1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Who do you suggest then for insurance for future reference at least

Comment

Originally posted by ochana24 View Post
                    Who do you suggest then for insurance for future reference at least
                    state farm will insure them if you have a normal car with them for 1yr+
                    silver wheels with 10yrs+ driving experience
                    or, your screwed, facility
                    '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
                    '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Im still a newbie lol... what do you mean by silverwheels nexsys?

Comment

silverwheels a.k.a Lant will insure older cars, you just need to have 10 years of driving experience and have another car as a daily driver.
                        '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
                        '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

dont forget facility is lump sum payment
                          if.. if they are willing to finance the year of insurance it adds an additional $100 + /mth as a service fee
                          so if you were quoted $10,000.00 add 1200.00 service fee and they need a recent (30days-3 mths) apperaisal
                          so ...

i have 2 skylines it started at $3500/YR ea WITH CERTAS now facility wants $12,000.00each
                          plus mthly service fee

Comment

damn.. im in BC and i pay about 1200bucks/year lol
                            - Adam

:
                            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

WTF 10 grand /year insurance? how many accidents have you had? Lant requires minimum of 25 and it cant be your Daily Driver. As for the terra imports, I thought they renamed themselves under something else and that site is outdated so alot of the stock is either in Japan or already sold.

There is a few threads complaining about them, too.
                              Last edited by Xeno-Vibe; 12-20-2011, 03:47 AM.
                              Double track drift, yo.
                              http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Working...
                              X