taking a case to bc's MP to try to turn the 15 year law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking a case to bc's MP to try to turn the 15 year law

Been doing as much research as I can for the past couple weeks even at work lol have got quite a bit of info but I want a solid case and everyday rhder's to back me when I do if anyone has
    websites discrediting Icbc statistics I will take them all

Thanx too all
    Dustin Macphee

What are you tryn to change/ over rule exactly. The 15 year rule for ICBC? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm not familiar with Bcs ICBC insurance/ claims.
    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Icbc makes claims that help the 15 year rule stay in effect theyis a massive chain to go through but to change or have laws thrown out you must run for election or go through Parliament if a person could raise a good enough argument as to why these cars are not harmful and could possible help our economy then it could be concidered it is a long road but it is worth every effort for those who carry a passion for these cars and excuse the punctuation I am on my phone at work lol. Oh ya I am trying to get the law thrown out to answer your original question or have it reduced

Comment

If the law change, people will buy overseas cars. Which canada will loose money in the automotive industries. Not gonna to happen. At least I dont think so. Good luck!
        Last edited by GTRADDICT; 12-15-2011, 09:35 AM.
        03 lancer dead
        68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
        05 chevy silverado L33
        2010 crv Wife's ride
        1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

The first step would be to do your research as to why this would benefit the province. Any way, whatsoever.

Next, living in a democratic society, "one soldier, one thousand army". This is to say the more votes you have agreeing with you, the stronger your cause. Start an online petition. Remember back in 2009 when a bill was almost passed to change the amount of people allowed in a car after a party to only one person? My Law class back then started a written petition which we walked around the school collecting signatures...definitely was heard. We took a trip down to the Ontario legislature downtown afterwards.

This is definitely a good cause to more than just you, and I assure you if you provide facts and proof of why this would benefit your community I'll sign your petition as well

Good luck!
          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
            Remember back in 2009 when a bill was almost passed to change the amount of people allowed in a car after a party to only one person?
            OT but that is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. It doesn't even make sense to want to pass such a law as it promotes drinking and driving.

To the OP, good luck with your endeavour, but I doubt it will go anywhere.
            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
              OT but that is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. It doesn't even make sense to want to pass such a law as it promotes drinking and driving.

You should hear their arguments 'for' this bill...

"When a group of intoxicated teenagers enter a vehicle the driver cannot focus because of blah blah blah"

1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Sorry it was actually 2008, and the limit was only one passenger at all times.
                1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

first thing to note is that the 15 year law has nothing to do with ICBC.. its a Federal Rule which is made and regulated by Transport Canada.. a Local MP cant do anything about it.. ICBC will provide insurance on any car if its legaly imported.. ICBC doesnt car if its 15 years old.. all they ask for is the required paperwork from Transport Canada..

FYI lots of reading about all this stuff on

but good luck with this.
                  Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
                    You should hear their arguments 'for' this bill...

"When a group of intoxicated teenagers enter a vehicle the driver cannot focus because of blah blah blah"

http://www.thestar.com/iphone/News/O...article/538115
                    They actually have that law in B.C for drivers with there "n"
                    I love Skylines! My jackstands never get stolen...

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
                      first thing to note is that the 15 year law has nothing to do with ICBC.. its a Federal Rule which is made and regulated by Transport Canada.. a Local MP cant do anything about it.. ICBC will provide insurance on any car if its legaly imported.. ICBC doesnt car if its 15 years old.. all they ask for is the required paperwork from Transport Canada..

FYI lots of reading about all this stuff on

but good luck with this.
                      Great info! Thanks
                      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GTRADDICT View Post
                        If the law change, people will buy overseas cars. Which canada will loose money in the automotive industries. Not gonna to happen. At least I dont think so. Good luck!
                        Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
                        I agree with both of you. Transport Canada already reduced it to 15 from 25 years, I doubt they will go any further. Besides, we already have it better than most other jurisdictions, most of which are still at 25 years.
                        1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                        Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

The law will never change from 15 to 0 years, it's impossible. There are too many massive corporations that will lobby the Government to keep it 15, or raise it to 25. Money wins over public interest, sad but true.
                          I say just be happy with what we have, and don't ruffle any feathers, or what we do have could be taken away.
                          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Well I guess there is not going to be enough interest here everything drifted off topic lol I will keep trying and keep up on the research there will be no online petitions if a petition is put up it will be on paper and sent to interested shops across Canada

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Mercedes Benz had a part in the 15 year and 25 year rule?

To prevent people from importing high end mercedes cars from overseas. Someone told me this can't remember who.

Anyhow we are lucky enough like others have posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X