A simple question regardting to insurance and aircare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple question regardting to insurance and aircare

So my car is due for an aircare inspection, but my insurance just expired a couple days ago. Do I need to get a temporary permit just to get my car tested at the inspection center? Or I could go down there, get my car tested, then get insured afterwards?

Oh and this is my first aircare inspection. Any tips before I go? Do I need to make an appointment?

Insurance is mandatory, not optional. If your insurance expired, don't drive.

For your clean air test, here in Ontario we start with simple things such as ensuring the cat is operating and make sure you get the car nice and warm before the test. A nice highway run should do the trick.
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Thanks for the tips! So that's a no on the appointment thing then?

Comment

Get it towed, or if you have caa park
        It on the road outside your house and call them for a tow
        '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
        '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Might want to post this in the western thread since you are in BC, you will likely get more applicable responses there.
          1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
          Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Regardless, follow the rules and you won't be on here posting "I got a summons to court" in a week for driving with no insurance. don't want to see you not driving for a while because of a lazy mistake. They are easy to make, we want that skyrine on the road, not your garage
            R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
            Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

Ok.

First make sure your car is running properly, make sure you have a cat installed as air care won't let you take the test without one.

2. Go to local insurance place get a temp permit for the day.

3. Drive to to the air care center. There are a bunch all over the lower mainland. Make sure that cat is nice and hot so drive it like you stole the car for 20 mins at least before you get there. Or take it on the highway for a bit.

4 no appointed is needed. Bring money it's $43

5 if you fail your allowed to insure the car for 3 months one time only to get it fixed. Retry.

If your having problems change your address to something outside of the lower mainland

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone. You guys have been very helpful.

Comment

You're welcome
                  1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                  X