This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insuring a rhd other than a skyline

hey i am pretty new to the forum and a huge skyline fan. i was just curious if its hard to find insurance in general or just for a skyline . also would a integra lr civic be significantly cheaper.

Any car not made for the "north american" market will be near impossible to get a good rate on, skyline or not, if its RHD welcome to hell
    '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
    '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

First off, use the search function. This is the third time a thread about insurance has been asked, this week. (The old threads are still in the "Whats new" section)

As covered in the other threads, It will cost you alot of money to insure in Ontario assuming find a company willing to insure you. Price range $5,000-10,000/year depending on your driving record. Lant requires you to be atleast 25 years of age or have 8 years driving experience aswell as having it as a secondary vehicle, not for daily driving.

Importing a JDM civic/integra will be abit cheaper than a skyline but you will still have an issue with trying to insure a LHD vehicle, the legal paperwork will be a hassle and it will cost significantly more than buying a shell and doing a JDM motor swap yourself.

If you meant buying a north american spec civic or integra than yes, they are the cheapest model on the planet to mod.
      Double track drift, yo.
      http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Any rhd that's older than 15 years isn't too tough to insure in alberta. I have a pulsar and skyline and if I recall they're costing 800 per year full coverage. They threaten to take my full coverage away because they are too expensive to repair, higher risk and popular to steal. I've tried appraisals but to get the insurance to cover what I've spent, the insurance would need proof of why it's so high valued and ultimately show them a car that is modded and lose insurance. So minimum it is
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

There are many threads on insurance in Ontario already. The insurance process is the same regardless of whether it is a Skyline or otherwise. Please check some of the other threads that already exist.

Moving to the Legal section.
          Sign up for GTRC Premium Membership and get 2 of the new GT-R Canada stickers!
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/general-skyline-discussion/45662-gtrc-premium-membership.html#post437410

Comment

Working...
          X