Temp insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp insurance

Hey guys, I was thinking of buying a Skyline, and might get it from another province.

Is there an easy way just to get a temp insurance so I can get a temp sticker and drive it back to ontario or am I better off just finding normal insurance for it right of the bat?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Find insurance first. Otherwise you'll have a nice lawn ornament until someone complains...

Last edited by Spencer87; 03-13-2012, 11:39 AM. Reason: included link
    93 R33 GTST - DD
    97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
    2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Alright will do, I know its difficult to get, and will cost quite a bit more than my old blazer cost now

Comment

Yeah, Ontario makes it worse.
        93 R33 GTST - DD
        97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
        2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

and a better note - what were you looking at?
          93 R33 GTST - DD
          97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
          2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Finding permanent insurance is hard enough as it is for these cars, I highly doubt you'll find a company that would insure for a few days...with that said, if you get lucky do let us know where you went.
            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

I'm looking to get a R32 GTR in White Either from Canada or I have a friend whose brother imports cars from Japan.

Just wanna make sure I can get resonable insurance before I sell my truck.

Comment

Well good luck. Definitely get insurance first. And post back your findings to that thread - I know there's a few guys on here looking for options.
                93 R33 GTST - DD
                97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Ya im gonna call around today, I live outside the GTA so I'm hoping I can get something descent. But I'm 20 so that doesn't help my case at all lol.

I'll report back how things go.

Comment

Alright so I'm 0-2 with the insurance companies lol, called up the personal which is our current provider and RBC.

The second I said skyline he stopped me and said they don't cover RHD -_-

But was kinda expecting that, I'm going to try Facility and see what they offer.
                    Last edited by mafiaboy01; 03-14-2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Yeah I was insured with Facility when I first got my GTST. I was paying 400 a month (22 1/2 at the time) with a clean record (I was only with them for about 3 months). Keep looking even if they insure you
                      93 R33 GTST - DD
                      97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                      2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Do you have family out of province, use their address and insure it from that province.
                        " Using Fast and Honda in the same sentence is an Oxymoron "

Comment

Which broker did you use to get insurance through Facility? I called a few and they all made up excuses why they wouldn't do it. Next time I'm asking for the reason in writing(you can't be denied insurance in Canada that you are eligible for.)

I wish I had family outside of Ontario...

Comment

Amy So at North York insurance
                            93 R33 GTST - DD
                            97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                            2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Working...
                            X