This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing Question

So I live in the US and am a US citizen, much to my discontent. Which means I'm deprived of my R34 dream car until at least 2024. I know north of the border, Canadians only have to wait 15 years. What I'm thinking, is, since R34s can be legally imported to Canada starting in 2014, that I might buy one off someone who has already imported it, registered it, and willing to sell it. I would probably have to leave it with some buddies I've got up there for the next 10 years of course. My question is, how would a US citizen like me go about registering it in my name and insuring it in Canada? I've heard I need a verifiable address in order to registering under my name and insure it.
    Last edited by Nisman; 06-19-2012, 03:26 PM.

You wouldn't. Nothing you could do would make it legal.
    /thread
    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
    hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Been covered 1,000,000,000,000 times. No guaranteed way. Any way that's shady will quickly get shut down at the border when you try to drive it down.

Hundred percent.
      Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

As many of us Canadian have already encountered, just trying to get insurance for a rhd is already a huge hurdle to overcome. Add the fact that u are a American citizen trying to get insurance over the border, I think you're up for a huge challenge. Maybe to te point of waiting till 2024 would be a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Godzilla - 哥斯拉 - ゴジラ - گودزیلا - Годзилла - גודזילה

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

All you can do is buy one thats already landed and legally registered in USA (R32 or R33) than put a kit on it. The most you can hope for.
          Double track drift, yo.
          http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Sorry, there are so many other threads on this topic, I will have to close this up.
            There is no easy legal way for you to own, register and insure a car in Canada unless you live in Canada.
            Yes, it sucks I know, but those are the laws of the USA, and there isn't much anyone can do about it.
            Sign up for GTRC Premium Membership and get 2 of the new GT-R Canada stickers!
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/general-skyline-discussion/45662-gtrc-premium-membership.html#post437410

Comment

Working...
            X