Soil exams - CBSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soil exams - CBSA

Has anyone been getting their soil exams back from CBSA promptly?? It seems that no matter when I fax them the examination they take forever sending it back, in turn costing me port fees for extra storage!!

A few years ago they used to have it returned within a day and now it's a week plus. I leave multiple voicemails with no replies.

Anybody have any insight?
    \

Over a week? There is something wrong I think. I don't remember what happened with my car, but there were no delays when it landed. I think it sat on a lot over the weekend, then was picked up on Monday by the transport vehicle.
    Last edited by Daryl @ RightDrive; 06-19-2012, 05:23 PM.
    RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
    http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
    1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Thats Crazy-ness..

Rule of Thumb that i follow..

Fax in After you get the Advance Notice from WWL..

and Always fax it at around 8:45.

Also note they never return phone calls in my experience.
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Make sure you have the correct fax number. I had to fax mine two times, it took about 2 full business days.

Comment

Definitely have the right fax number..

Anyways I called Karen at WWL and she says there has been a few people that have been waiting for quite some time on CBSA. I guess the Green Ridge was a big vessel and there has been some back log as far as the soil exams go. Oh well, port fees dont start adding up until Monday so hopefully CBSA gets there sh*t together by then.
          \

Comment

yea im in the same boat had to sent one out friday they said they didnt get it so i resent it monday and still waiting wanted to pick m car up today not be doing paperwork still....

Comment

sucky deal guys..
              Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

what did you guys buy over in ja pan

Comment

got mine friday at 3 o-clock so there 1 week delay is making me pay 2 days lot fees... ARG

Comment

Hmm I think I got mine on Thursday. Pretty sure lot fees didn't start until Monday? Either way, CBSA are slackers.

cooke24: 97 STi WRB on gold, 44k
                    \

Comment

CBSA can be a pain in the a$$ to deal with. I faxed in my form in the morning as soon as I got information from Karen at WWL. About 8 days later, I finally get my form stamped back. That's not acceptable! I almost had to pay extra for 2 days of storage outside my free limit, but Karen took care of it so I didn't have to pay storage after all.

During those 8 days, I left numerous messages on their voice mail and called them twice a day. Its like they didn't even hire a receptionist LOL!
                      Current:
                      1996 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T Type M Spec II
                      2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7

New Username: 5zilla

Comment

Working...
                      X