how to get a Vspec II R32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get a Vspec II R32

Hey guys new here just trying to get some rather odd or maybe common info. Sorry if this is common im new and my phone doesnt like search :S

Im Going to be in the market for an R32 in a year and im budgeting 20,000 for it. Looking for a an R32 GTR only. And v-spec if i can find one. Just looking around online through importers it seems theres a few good ones going for around 10-15k but what am i looking for and what am i to watch out for when buying an skyline? Ive owned 3 cars already and none the less im in no mood for hack cars anymore and would rather fork out the cash for a stock or near stock super clean GTR. Im even willing and really want to fly to Japan even and buy the right one there and ship it back with me.

So i guess my main concerns are:

How much for a R32 Vspec II?
    What do i look out for when buying a skyline?
    Is 20K enough or am i dreaming?
    If i do import to B.C. Who do i trust to get it legal?
    Is looking for a Vspec I or II imposible now?

Any info would be awesome! :P

Question asked a gazillion billion times.
    But, I would contact RightDrive, or Adam at Feast. Both places are good at sourcing vehicles and trustworthy, they would let you know the "rarity", or availability of the Vspec's.
    20k isn't dreaming at all.....unless you get a TRUE very low-km unmolested version or one that's super-modified...

Edit* - Also since you're in BC, give FVI (Fraser Valley Imports) a call. Havent heard about them in a while, but theyre also very good.

Rick
    Last edited by RixR32; 07-11-2012, 09:11 AM.
    '89 GTST - SOLD
    '92 GTR
    '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
    '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Welcome to GTRCanada.

As already mentioned, this has been asked many times, try the search function next time.

With that said, give Mike @ RightDrive a call. If you're looking to get a clean, low mileage, unmolested, warranty backed R32 and are willing to pay top dollar, RightDrive all the way. Daryl (parts manager) is on this forum. Search "Daryl @ RightDrive" and send him a PM. He'll answer any questions you may have.
      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Since your in BC, i suggest you just get someone in japan to Source the car out for you.. and as for getting it legal.. there isnt to much you need to do. all the info is available here or on JDMVIP

I would Use Mark @ http://www.braveautointernational.jp/

or Derek @ http://pacificcoastjdm.com/

They are the best in the Business, and work tirelessly at providing the best cars you can get.

PM me if you have any other questions,
        Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Sorry about the non search!!! Honestly i had 1 bar all night and search wasnt working very well for me

But thanks a bunch for the info! I really want to get the cleanest vspec i can or atleast thats my plan. Then maybe later mod it a bit like exhaust, coils, wheels exc... Nothing too insane. I want to be able to see the car in another 20 years and its still clean an not in a ditch ha ha. I will leave that to my mr2.

Again sorry for the common thread and i wont post a new thread until ive got some good bars

Comment

if you want to make shure that your getting a GTR V-Spec I or GTR V-Spec II use this to decode the vin so you know what your getting

1991 skyline GTR
            1969 corvette
            1989 cavalier Z24
            1991 skyline GTR
            1985 VW scirocco

Comment

Working...
            X