DOT tail lights that fit in R33 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOT tail lights that fit in R33 ?

I searched but everything is about headlights not tail lights.
    My inspector said tail lights on the R33 GTR need to be DOT approved to pass.

What kind of tail lights can I get that are DOT approved?

I've heard of guys putting DOT lenses over the existings to pass, then removing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

ugh not another one.......

find someone else to inspect it for you, obviously your guy is a moron and following the book. if every shop did that there wouldnt be any skylines on the roads.

ask every single shop you know that does out of province inspections. trail and error, find one that isnt retarded.

btw your tail lights are completly fine, so are your windows, headlights are iffy depends on where u go.

give me a shout if you are unable to find a shop that will cooperate with you, i know someone but i cannot tell everyone in the world.
      Last edited by cooke24; 10-10-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by msupra View Post
        I searched but everything is about headlights not tail lights.
        My inspector said tail lights on the R33 GTR need to be DOT approved to pass.

What kind of tail lights can I get that are DOT approved?
        Inspector is an idiot. Must have side marker lights/reflectors front and rear, 3rd brake light and DOT headlights....that's it. Initially all is needed emision wise is a sighted CAT (so says the rules anyway) then you need to pass AirCare the next year. Also, do yourself a favor and put the inspection sticker on your windshield, its like a "get out of jail free card", worked wonders for me.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

As he said,..... last two list of things said are correct. They made me show the nissan factory stamps on the inside of the last GTR taillights I had to pass inspection with, as I put it through southside nissan locally in vancouver. They DONT have DOT stamps on it as the provincial inspector found. The windows as the said pass, and you need those reflectors. Cat + aircare a must (at least for now)..fingers crossed. Inspection sticker a big plus as he said !!.... otherwise the guy you had was an unskilled moron.
          Paul U.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
            As he said,..... last two list of things said are correct. They made me show the nissan factory stamps on the inside of the last GTR taillights I had to pass inspection with, as I put it through southside nissan locally in vancouver. They DONT have DOT stamps on it as the provincial inspector found. The windows as the said pass, and you need those reflectors. Cat + aircare a must (at least for now)..fingers crossed. Inspection sticker a big plus as he said !!.... otherwise the guy you had was an unskilled moron.

your not helping giving wrong info. you dont need aircare. you get one free pass you wont need aircare until you go to re register the car.
            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

All newly Imported cars are Aircare Exempt for the first Insurance Period..

3 months, 6 months, 1 year. after that then you have to go get it done son.
              Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Working...
              X