Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Hand Drive R33 GTR

Hey Guys

Here is My Story , I have a R33 GTR 1998 Converted to left hand drive, Rb26 from a R34 GTR. As i mentioned in my introduction i am moving to Canada Windsor, what are the problems i am looking at? what registering a Left hand Drive 1998 model R33 GTR be a problem if Yes/No what sort of documents would i be needing? The Car is not Stock Either Has a Single Turbo Conversion and few other bits and pieces.

Thanks and Regards
    Mohammed

Sucks finding insurance in Ontario, but that's for rhd, not sure how that will work out with the conversion, and I think after 2013 u can register a 98

Comment

the car will arrive in 2013

Comment

post some pics !

Comment

i will make a new tread with specs and pictures by tommorow evening!

Comment

What month of production? Needs to be at least 2013 and the same month of production to be legal for import.

Other than that you picked the crappiest place to own a rhd, add in the fact it's a conversion to lhd and you'll have an even harder time getting insurance I would imagine.
            BNR32- Sold
            1998 Evolution V

Comment

Is that how it works? Right to the month, cool I wasn't sure, move to ab insurance Is a breeze out here, lol but it will probably all change one day, heard talks about banning rhd, but not yet

Comment

how would i know the month it was made :O and when u say getting insurance is hard, do u mean expensive or its just insurance companies are asses :P , i am just trying my luck to see if its possible to bring the car to canada and drive it legally as dont really wonna sell it went a lot of hard work in this car, worse comes worse will sell it! but if anyone can figure out or knows a way please do share

Comment

Seems people in Ontario figure it out somehow, some pay pretty high prices, but insurance company's are asses, most banned rhd, but with the conversion it probably falls into a different class, id say bring it, sounds like a pretty sweet car, figure it out when u get here, lol. Worse comes to worse, move to Alberta

Comment

If its not a daily driver specialty car insurance might be an easier way to go. "Silver wheels" for example.

Comment

RHD vs LHD doesn't matter if the car is imported from a foreign country, it must be 15 years old to the month of production. The VIN# and a lookup by Nissan should be able to give you production month/year. Its part of the export documentation. I'd contact people at RightDrive.ca to help you through this if you don't want the headache. There's a feee of course, but I think it's worth it for peace of mind.

Once imported, you can get insurance if you shop around, but being new to the country with no driving history here will prob be the biggest challenge. I'd google and check out Hagerty (who just bought out Silver Wheels, Custom Wheels). I believe they need driving experience plus you need a second vehicle as a daily driver to qualify.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post
                        Is that how it works? Right to the month, cool I wasn't sure, move to ab insurance Is a breeze out here, lol but it will probably all change one day, heard talks about banning rhd, but not yet
                        Don't pay any attention to it... I've "heard talks" as well..
                        By a different person every month for the last 6 years. Lol
                        BNR32- Sold
                        1998 Evolution V

Comment

Importation is a breeze if u live in Vancouver... That's where cbsa customs office is located. If not u need a customs broker.

So is insurance...Bc insurance is ran by provincial government icbc. Forcing them to insure anyone no exceptions because there is no other options.

Plus it only rains here, and never gets colder that -10 in the lower main land.

So if u want no issues come here!
                          Last edited by cooke24; 10-29-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

state farm will insure RHD as long as u have insurance with a normal vehicle or house insurance with them. they quoted me $180/monht for my R32 and im 20

Comment

$180/month?! Sweet Jesus. Haggerty charged me $379/yr lol.

Misspelled from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Working...
                              X