Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting information on skyline importation to the USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting information on skyline importation to the USA.

I've already done quite a bit of research. I understand I'll have to wait at least till 2014 to get a '89 R32, and it will be a load of money, but I want to get more information and what would be the best way of getting one here in Kentucky(USA). I've looked at importers in Canada, and I understand some of the steps needed to get one in Canada, but the state/federal laws might be almost completely different. I hope not at least. I've read some stories of importing cars from japan on here. I've read stories on how people have gotten skylines into the united states, some legal, some illegal. For now would it be cheaper to buy one in Canada and import it here, or import one directly from japan? On estimate how much does a decent quality Skyline cost? It doesn't have to be a GTR. I'm juggling the idea of buying a skyline and just storing it in Canada for the time being.

If I sound dumb and uninformed, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to get the information before the time comes to actually owning a skyline. Any help/information is welcome.
    Also, I know about the 21/25 year importation laws, what other vehicle laws in the states would a skyline have to follow by?
    Last edited by SkullySquirrel; 12-08-2012, 11:24 AM.

1991 skyline GTR
    1969 corvette
    1989 cavalier Z24
    1991 skyline GTR
    1985 VW scirocco

Comment

I've read that, one of the first things I read this morning. Apparently R34 V spec's from 1999 also can be imported under the same law.

Comment

It's not going to be a lot of money bro, especially coming thru Canada.. Going under the 25 year rule is super simple and requires 1 document and 3 forms..#1 Canada registraion cuz they dont issue titles ( A little weird, cuz they keep them in their car).. EPA form 3520-1 under code E.. NHTSA form HS 7 under box 1.. These two documents need to be submitted to Homeland Security/US customs upon entry.. Going thru customs you will get your last form, the CBP 7501 clearing it.. Bring that to your home state MVD office.. if your in Az like me, we require you to get a level 2 inspection because of the shorter vin.. All this.. You just titled your skyline with out any trouble... Pay a little extra tho and have the one you want shipped from Japan, straight from the motherland..

You can import one right now... Mines State title and registered in Az no problems.. I've been pulled over in Az and Cali.. Not one question about how the car was imported.. They see a registration with a state vin that matches and insurance and just ask what's the hurry?? Cali gave me some sh*t about exhaust noise but saw I was an Az resident and let me go with nothing except I can tell the officer wanted to go for a ride..

Anyway, don't let anyone full you about "it's so much paper work" or "it's going to be so much money".. It's all bullsh*t..

Hope this helps.. Pm with any questions..

I might add my 95 r33 was inspected by an Arizona Department of Transportation enforcement officer that stated the vehicle was 100% safe to operated for highway use..
        Last edited by GodZsoN; 12-09-2012, 12:55 AM.
        *** JUST ANOTHER IGNORANT M*THA F*CKA FROM THE USA ***

Comment

Thanks for the info GodZsoN.

Comment

Working...
          X