Insurance Question regarding your age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Question regarding your age

Hello all I am really new and trying to learn as much as possible but I am waiting to pick up a R32 GTR but was reading over lant insurance website and they state 10 years driving experience. I am currently 25 and in march when im 26 it will be 10 years, this is essentially what is holding me back from picking my car.

My question is through facility what are people paying around my age group (25) for a GTR

Is it stupidly high?

Im through the Personal insurance on my DD and they wont insure a RHD Skyline
    Thanks
    Last edited by jface; 12-09-2012, 07:02 PM.
    1998 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo (SOLD)
    2007 Porsche Boxster (SOLD)
    1987 Alfa Romeo Milano Gold (SOLD)
    2001 Audi S4 Bi-Turbo (SOLD)
    2009 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (DD)

In the market for a R32 GTR

Find another insurance company for your RHD for starters...
    Liability only, I think mine's $700 a year ish with a couple minor speeding tickets, and I'm 26.

Comment

i think this single topic has been covered more than any other on gtrc
      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Responses from anyone who is not 25 years of age and from the Greater Toronto Area are completely useless to you. Demographics is probably one of the biggest factors in your insurance premiums, therefore to get an answer on what someone from Saskatchewan pays on their Skyline is of no use to you.

As Jon mentioned, this topic has been covered over, and over, and over again. Do a search and read up on all the information that has been provided in the past. I assure you not much has changed. These cars are still a pain in the @$$ to find coverage for, and the facility rates will most definitely be through the roof.

With that said, I won't say specifically what I payed this year but I was insured through facility on a 6-month policy with nothing on my record and I payed over $500/month. It's the sad reality that you're viewed as a risk, even though you're really not.

Good luck.
        1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

You have to have a separate daily driver with Lant also.
          And....they go by 10 years from the DATE OF ISSUE, which is on your FULL G. (check the back of your licence)
          So give'er a couple more years, or pay to play w/facility.
          '89 GTST - SOLD
          '92 GTR
          '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
          '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

I could write a book on this.

I don't get why people from other provinces comment on rates within the greater Toronto area. The difference is night and day! Like you wouldn't believe!!!!

GTA is the most expensive place for insurance nationwide, RHD cars are even worse. Liability alone is 500$ a month (avg) with facility for under 25.
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
              I could write a book on this.

I don't get why people from other provinces comment on rates within the greater Toronto area. The difference is night and day! Like you wouldn't believe!!!!

GTA is the most expensive place for insurance nationwide, RHD cars are even worse. Liability alone is 500$ a month (avg) with facility for under 25.
              I think all of Ont is just as bad as the GTA for RHD at least. "Regular vehicle" insurance, I completely agree.
              I only replied because he mentioned Lant......they seem to be the only avenue of hope left for us Ontarians.
              That said, anyone new to RHD, & under 26-28, good f'in luck.

Rick

**Edit--Correction to my last statement. just realized that the original date of issue is no longer on our drivers licence.....think it may be on our abstracts though, I know I saw it SOMEWHERE. lol
              Whatever the case, Lant told me they go by the date you aquired your full G licence.
              So double check that part with them.
              Last edited by RixR32; 12-29-2012, 01:59 PM.
              '89 GTST - SOLD
              '92 GTR
              '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
              '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
              X