Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grey Market vehicle application form for new Ontario emissions rules!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Market vehicle application form for new Ontario emissions rules!

Went to e-test the R33 this morning.... First day of the new system... doh. How'd I not figure that one out and do it a couple days ago.

Anyway. The e-tast place pulled the car in and got on the live video conferance with the MTO. They do live video for every e-test now. The MTO guy said as far as they are concerned the car doesn't exist and grey market status must be applied for... Takes two business days. It's not a big deal. But I'd imagine once it's in the system, even a new owner wouldn't have to go through this process.

Form here:

Happy motoring.
    www.artpal.com/philbrick

You can't be serious...
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

more fun. at least they clearly indicate it at option 3.
      question though, are the reading limits different for these grey market vehicles?

Comment

yikes...

Comment

Yes, the limits are different. They're higher, making it easier to pass actually. If your car has a properly functioning CAT on it and runs decent it will pass no problem.
          Both my Skyines tested as grey market over the last couple years. The tech's went thru about 3 different MTO rep's each time though to be able to do it properly.
          I feel that this will actually make it easier....believe it or not.

Rick
          '89 GTST - SOLD
          '92 GTR
          '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
          '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

In the long run it should make things easier.

Also I belive they test to 1980 emissions standards with any grey market vehicle that has a pre 1999 model year.

I'm just on a temporary sticker still... Got everything done but e-test. I hope they don't dilly dally with the application. To be on the safe side I dropped it off in person at the head office.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Happy motoring.
            www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

Drive Clean still hasn't put my car into the new system even though its been 4 business days.... It's supposed to be done within 2 business days.

I'm on my second temp plate sticker now cause of this BS.

Drive Clean needs to get their head out of their ass.
              www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

Originally posted by TheHire View Post
                Drive Clean still hasn't put my car into the new system even though its been 4 business days.... It's supposed to be done within 2 business days.

I'm on my second temp plate sticker now cause of this BS.

Drive Clean needs to get their head out of their ass.
                As soon as I saw "2 business days to process" I knew right away that was a load of b.s.

Hopefully you hear back from them soon... I plan to get my e-test done well before my Skyline sees the roads this spring...
                1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Got a telephone call from the MTO today.

Car is now registered in the system and can be tested.

Woot!
                  www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

Originally posted by TheHire View Post
                    Got a telephone call from the MTO today.

Car is now registered in the system and can be tested.

Woot!
                    Phew..

All said and done, I guess it isn't that bad.
                    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

for option 3:

(3) right hand drive

a picture to show it is right hand drive right? not the damn decal lol...am i reading this correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by 326_godzilla View Post
                        for option 3:

(3) right hand drive

a picture to show it is right hand drive right? not the damn decal lol...am i reading this correctly?
                        Yes you are correct sir... lol. A picture clearly showing the vehicle physically is a right hand drive chassis.

On another note... The car passed with flying colours. Limits are stupid high.
                        www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

wow option 3, no paperwork required. seems like a trap :|
                          Double track drift, yo.
                          http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

I agree, it seem like they are trying to locate and indentify all rhd, grey market imports, with photographic evidence that you submit. When i previously tested my r32 and ,it passed better then most new cars, it was submitted as grey market. They just input the vin and hit "ok, yes im sure" when the system asked 3 times are you sure this is the vin, then a special form is signed noting that its greymarket and thats it. I think they want to stop people from switching vin to a canadian tag.

But it smells rotten to me.

Why is it only imports from other then northamerica, my 1992 r32 with 170,000km runs cleaner then any domestic car from the same era.

I feel like theres a "*" over my head at all times, i just hope this summer the police dont harass me as much claiming my information is not properly linked to my car...
                            Like i control m t o, or something.

Anyways, it does not seems right what they are doing.

Comment

How are you even supposed to submit the form? Mail? I was handed the form by canadian tire and told to send it in but told me they dont know how. Its completely absurd that they need photos of my car for emissions testing. how does how my car look impact emissions? My car is already in the MTO/Driveclean system, ******* ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                              X