Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing a parts car? (People who have brought them to the U.S help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a parts car? (People who have brought them to the U.S help)

I am trying to gather some information on what I need to do to bring a gtr parts car into the U.S

I know that it cannot have a motor and transmission, brake lines, fluids.

The question then becomes am I missing anything else also what is the correct paperwork that I need to fill out so that I have little to no trouble with customs.

Please help

you'll have better luck on skylineownersusa.com. I doubt it can be done legally. all depends on what you plan to do with the car.
    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Not sure if it's the same for the US but the one person I know who brought a parts car into Canada cut it in half and didn't have to remove any of the items that you mentioned. The company in Japan even removed the interior before cutting it so everything but the body was still useable.

Comment

It simple, and legal to import "car parts". the Parts you want to import must be free of lights,brake lines, fuel cell, brakes, seatbelts, glass and so on. a literal shell. with a title from canada, bill of sale, and so on. It must be declared at the border, pay taxes fill out forms and so on. That is legal. Assembley in the US is your choice. Make sure its 21 yr old or older, or 25 yrs old and drive it across the border legaly. Save your money 2014 is coming soon and 89's will be legal. Or find a bond released US comformed car in the US. Best choice..... or a titled one but do your research. Most of these guys dont want the hassle on here and I respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
          you'll have better luck on skylineownersusa.com. I doubt it can be done legally. all depends on what you plan to do with the car.
          They'll tell you the same thing as I did. I responded to the same post on there.

Comment

Originally posted by maxmumboom View Post
            They'll tell you the same thing as I did. I responded to the same post on there.
            Yeah I know, I know you're a major member down there. I just lurk around once in a while. I know how much...passion? (Don't know if that's the right word for it) that vandrel has for this topic, understandably. If I say one thing I'd hate to see someone take that and pull some funny stuff, much like we saw with mcundersteer last month.
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I hear you. This has been a topic for a long time on here and other sites. It easier to wait till the end of the year. "Parts importing is 100% legal when done properly." So to import a shell is fine. It like buying a giant paperweight. I have a motorex 33 if he want one bad enough. He can PM me. It legal 50 state.

Comment

Working...
              X