Fresh import certification, e-test, insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh import certification, e-test, insurance

I have a car arriving from the UK that I owned there, and I am moving back to Toronto now.

MTO won't issue a temp tag to a car that isn't insured, so I would like to know if anyone has experience getting insurance for the car to drive it home while it is still UK registered? My UK insurance company won't touch it once it leaves Europe, and my new Canadian insurer won't touch it until it is Ontario registered.
    Otherwise I'll have to get a U-haul trailer.

Also, any views on reputable shops in town to get it certified and emissions tested? I don't trust Canadian Tire....
    I've been away too long, and lost touch of which places are good for this kind of thing.

Thanks

You could maybe find a shop or someone willing to lend you a dealer or service license plate..perhaps a shop thats doing the work can help you out with that
    97' R33 GT-R Vspec
    Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

Right, and so I need to find a helpful shop like that
      Any suggestions?

Comment

You can either register it where it lands and drive it back or put it on the flatbed. How many thousand cars were imported to central Canada? Find a buddy with a big truck and rent a Uhaul car hauler. Done. Deal. Heck a v8 f150 can town that. Ive done it.

If you get pulled over with plates that are not registered to the car (dealer plate would be legit if the dealer had all the proper documents, meaning a pita worth of paper work). The saving in trying to jimmy the system would be unless if you got caught and paid a stupid expensive fine, impound fees and who knows what can happened to an imported uninsured car sitting at the impound.

A dealer plate on a car means that car is registered and insured by the plate owner.
        Last edited by NismoS-tune; 03-27-2013, 02:24 PM.
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

Working...
        X