Importing a NEW vehicle into Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a NEW vehicle into Japan

So from this website about importing vehicles into Canada : http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5048-eng.html

It says :
    For a used or second-hand vehicle less than 15 years old or a bus manufactured on or after January 1, 1971

• You are importing a vehicle that was manufactured in the current calendar year.
    • You are importing a vehicle for your personal use and you are the person who bought it new. The CBSA does not consider demonstration vehicles or used vehicles that you purchased from a car rental agency to be new.
    Does that mean I can technically buy a new car from Japan, like a Toyota Alphard for example, and import it to Canada and get it licensed and on the road? What kinds of paperwork is required for that?

This is the header of the section of your excerpt:

You can import a vehicle into Canada on the condition that the vehicle is designed, manufactured, tested and certified to meet the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or the U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, bears a statement of compliance label affixed by the original manufacturer, has not been altered, and the certification from the original manufacturer is still on the vehicle in any of the following situations:
    So probably not.

I'm a little late to the party here but I think this still warrants clarification.
    Last edited by aaronisonfire; 01-20-2014, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X