Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if you don't renew your registration in AB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens if you don't renew your registration in AB?

I've got insurance on my 91 GTR but I'm wondering if there's any point in paying the $90 to renew the registration when it's going to be in my garage for the next year or so.

Does it have to be re-inspected or safetied if the registration expires? Can I just renew registration when I plan to put it on the road again?
    BNR32, AE86, MX73(project for sale), RN130

I've done that here.

Comment

A couple of years ago I never regestered my truck for a year, I was working lots and completly forgot about it as most bills are paid online these days, when I got home a had a chance to open all my mail I came across the renewal and went into the regestries with it and told them what happened and they just charged me for the next year, I askeed the counter clerk if I never had to pay the year past and she said no, if I had got pulled over I would have to pay a fine for sure but she couldnt back date me, I would call if I were you to be 100 prercent sure as this was a couple of years ago and things change.
      -1995 BCNR33, Borg S300, Full Race, Link Ecu, Some Other Stuff
      -2007 Dodge 3500, 6 Speed, CTD

Comment

Here in Newfoundland, inspect/safety are only required if it transfers owner ship. If it runs out over a year or so you just pay to get the current sticker($140)

Pretty sure it's similar or same across Canada, most of those laws/regs are federal opposed to provincial
        Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Just let it run out, I've had a bunch of rhd cars, never had anything inspected

Comment

Nothing will happen. You'll just have to re register when you get the car back on the road. Not sure what will happen to your insurance though if you have it on theft and fire.

Comment

Working...
            X