Bringing a GTR into Ontario that is landed but not registered anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing a GTR into Ontario that is landed but not registered anywhere

Bought a 1995 R33 from a dealer in Quebec. Since they can't register new RHDs in QC anymore, this dealer cannot sell cars to anyone IN Quebec. He can, however, sell it to us Ontarians. So I bought it from him. Brought it here in Ontario, and now I am wondering what all I need to get it registered in my name.

This is what he has given me:

1. Filled out Form 1 (he himself had filled it out, and there is a case ID on it, plus a border stamp in the top right side. There is also a section in the middle for RIV exemption for a car being 15 yrs old or more. That section has been checked off, but there is no stamp on that section.
    2. Bill of sale
    3. Export form (in Japanese)
    4. Certifed translation of the Export form in English
    5. Some Quebece document that he filled out - it is called ATTESTATION DE TRANSACTION AVEC UN COMMERCANT. Contains info on the vehicle (VIN, name, etc.), my details and the dealer information. He has signed it

The car is not registered anywhere. The dealer imported it, but it was never registered in Quebec. Could he sell it to me legally as an importer?

Based on what he has given me, is it going to be enough for me to register in it my name and get temp permit so I can get safety and e-test?

Is there anyone else in Ontario who has recently bought a car in QC that was never registered there (or any other province for that matter) and registered in ON? If I have to treat it as a direct import, what additional stuff do I need? There is nothing else he can give me, as per his account.

Thanks guys
    (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
    SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
    HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

All sorted out, 3 trips to MTO later, finally got my plates!!!
    (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
    SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
    HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

Comment

I went through something similar. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I just took everything they gave me, gave it to the MTO and asked them what else I needed. Turns out I had everything needed except a translation of the Japanese Export certificate. They told me where to go to get it. Got it, brought it bad (5 days later), gave me plates and an ownership. Surprisingly simple.
      92 GTS-4

Comment

Working...
      X