X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy B-day! Good times indeed

Comment

Happy B day.. this site has been a great place to meet new people.. learn new things.. and just hang out.. Heres to another 6 great years.. :-)
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Happy Birthday GTRC!
        1991 Black GTR

Comment

I've been here since near the beginning and this has been the best message board bar none. Although the board has changed its looks a couple times the people have always been the same.

Keep it up guys. Proud member since 04.

Happy Bday GTRC.
          The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

Hello fellow GTRC'ers,

It is I, Chris, John's friend and resident super lurker.

First of all, Happy Birthday GTRC! To all of it's members and admin staff. I am proud of what this site has become and grown into. My participation in it's activities has just been to setup the site when we first set it up, but generally I was never apart of the main discussion. But I've watched it grow into what it is today and I am chuffed by how great a community it is.

John and I started the idea of a centralized GTR club. I had met John when he had a 240sx and I had a 240sx club NEO240sx and helped work on SON240sx back in the day. It was during a time when the 15 year rule was starting to come around to cars we all wanted, and John was dead set on getting an R32 GTR. Countless Timmy Ho's coffee discussions eventually turned into ideas of forming a GTR Club and from then it begun. The beginning was small, lots of people coming, lots of posers and lurkers. But what emerged from those formed into good friends and strong members. And while few in number, they made the small community of enthusiasts turn into the site that is recognized today on a worldwide scale.

I'm not going to lie, John's sudden notice that he is stepping down came as a surprise to me, and I imagine of many. But at the sametime I feel that he made the right decision. He doesn't own a GTR anymore. Likewise, I also don't own a GTR and never have owned a GTR. Just a 240sx and an AE86.

But reguardless, we all share a common interest and that is cars, we're all enthusiasts. And that much is universal!

So Happy Birthday GTRC! Wishing everyone apart of this community the best!
            - Chris Chan
            NEO240SX Founder
            GTRCanada Co-founder
            WWW.NEO240SX.CA

Comment

GTRC has definitely grown far beyond what we ever expected

Happy birthday to us
              marginally literate keyboard warrior

Comment

It is the most helpful web forum I have ever used and I will always support it
                '91 skyline gtst

Comment

Happy Birthday GTRC!
                  this forum is awesome. useful information, plenty of it, great members who are always willing to answer your questions, just a great place to be

Comment

if it weren't for GTRC we would all have a lot more cash in our wallets and a more reliable car in our garages lol.
                    GTRC introduced me to skylines, and thusly into project cars, and also into big engines and thusly into a 1970 camaro, and i have a lot to be thankful for. thanks JZ
                    I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

JZ, I gotta say the site has become a big part of many of our lives. It's been great having a place like this to set up meets, get advice on stuff and find sponsors that sell parts at a reasonable price. I'm not on all that often anymore but even if the day comes when I stop dropping in, I will never forget the site or the community that built it. Here's to you and your friends that started it all!
                      2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                      2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                      1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Thanks for creating this community John! And HBD GTRC! I've met a lot of great people through GTRC, and have had the chance to work on so many member's wicked Skylines! I love the community aspect of GTRC...getting to know everyone here, going on cruises, etc!

You and the mod team have done a great job of growing and running the site! I'll definately keep in touch on FB, and will eventually make it to TO so we can do some racing!

Best of luck with all your future endeavours!

Mike
                        FINAL CLEARANCE! EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!

The Best Brands. The Best Builds. The Best Service. The Best Prices.
                        - 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

Happy B-day GTRC
                          John, sad to see you go.

Im sure the new admin will do great.

Comment

Happy B-day GTRC! And thanks JZ for for creating this great forum, I got lots of good memories here and met lots of great people!

My cars:
                            1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                            1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Since the birthday is over and tomorrow is a new day, I'm closing the thread

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Working...
                              X