Happy 10th Birthday GTRCANADA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 10th Birthday GTRCANADA!

10 years ago today, on Jan 15th, 2004, a small forum was launched to an unsuspecting world.

It was started by myself with the help of 13th-Angel (Chris), owner of a local Ottawa based 240SX club called NEO240SX.ca. It was so tiny we ran it off NEO's server for the first month as we had no idea the forum would survive long enough for me to start a hosting account for it.

The premise was simple. A small group of us were aware of Canada's 15 yr import law, and we all knew the bnr32 was soon becoming mature enough to import. We had no connections to japan, no dealers, no importers, nothing to help us obtain our cars. We started a small listserv on yahoo to share info. Slowly we realized we might actually have enough interested people to share info, services and parts so we can buy these cars, import them and keep them running. Heck we might even be able to so them up! Within a year we hit 500 members and we are still going strong.

Lots of people to recall: Spikeone (intrepid webmaster), StraightSix (staff mystic and visionary), Cdn-GTR (staff crumudgeon), Tyndago and GTRPower (Yankee GTR guys and ball busters), GTR-dad (always the moral compass) and of course current owner GTRC-Admin, who took over the reins when I was burning out. There are countless others, but for sake of brevity, THANK YOU ALL!

I hope to meet as many devoted GTRCers this summer at Skymeet.

Cheers and raise a pint to all GTRs and Skyline lovers in Canada!

John Chu

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Happy birthday! Been a member for many many years myself.

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

Just got my skyline a month ago. Very happy to be a part of such a proud group of enthusiasts!
      Just give it a couple hundred kilometers. It'll shoot you right in the wallet.

Comment

yay 10 years.
        Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Pretty new around here, but looking forward to sticking around for another anniversary.

Comment

Wow time flies! I remember when everyone was getting their first Skylines all over Canada, it was always so cool to see the new cars showing up. Maybe this/next year I'll be in another GTR and show up at another meet!
            Dave

Comment

Happy 10th Birthday GTRCANADA!!!

Comment

So then should we expect something a little extra special at Skymeet this year? Depending on scheduling I'd love to make it!
                Coordinate it with a track event and I'll really make an effort.

Comment

happy birthday!!!
                  1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Happy birthday indeed. Haven't been a member long but bought my first gtr back in 2005! Been a tough road but I got to enjoy a fun 10,000kms after all these years. More to come I hope?
                    No build thread.
                    1991 nissan
                    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

It's been quite a trip! Here's to all the help we've given and received. And to a guest appearance by Qualthar! (Long time no see!)
                      sigpic
                      The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Happy B-day GTRC
                        If you dont want to stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them
                        Support Our Troops!

Comment

Happy Birthday.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

i aint that old of a user but happy birthday GTRC!

Comment

I've bought my 1yr member ship a couple weeks back & i havn't received my gtrc stickers yet?
                              1990 GTST, rebuilt,
                              Built not bought
                              IG:vincentdevoyault

Comment

Working...
                              X