"Beer for of Fridge Touge 07" = Oregon roadtrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beer for of Fridge Touge 07" = Oregon roadtrip

So last week me & some buds took a week off work & did a road trip in search of some good back roads. My Buddy with the STI had scouted last year so we weren't flying totally blind. All I have to say is some of the best roads in the west are in Oregon.

The weapons were a 07 BMW 328i with sport pack , 06 STI & my 89 GTR ( there was going to be 2 GTR's but my bud's was rear ended a short while ago & is still currently in the shop , on a posistive note he became our cameraman ). Also we met a local with an RX8 in one small town we stayed in & invited him out for a day of shredding tarmac/tires/brakes.

In total I covered about 4000km in 6 days , drank alot of weak beer in the evenings & we took approx 7 hrs of video including lotsa driving (camera does not do the speeds justice) some kareoke in a small town & shooting guns with a buddy who lives down there now. once we get it edited down I'm sure we'll post it on youtube.

Heres some pics though
    Weapons outside 1 hotel

GTR braking into right

mascot (from my buddies gtr thats in the shop)

Devils canyon lookout

GTR mid corner

Dragonfly on GTR intercooler grill (dead)

GTR with old school air force jet

looks awesome! sounds like you guys had fun, would love to see some of the video footage!!!!
    Need your cellphone unlocked to use on another carrier? msg me for details, fast quick and cheap.

Comment

Oregon eh? Where are you from? Out my way Eastern On, there is some great driving. Just a little east of Toronto. Drive up through the back roads all the way to Algonquin Park and through it and back again. Makes a great day trip
      “It’s been said that auto-racing was born the moment the second car was built”

Comment

I live in Vancouver dude . We do have some good roads around here aswell , but mostly with higher speed sweepers & such. Down there are a ton of roads with very techical lower speed ( recomended 15,20,25,30 mph ) corners one after another after another etc,etc,etc. Also the remoteness lends to no traffic & no popo. just an example , 1 of the roads we travelled was approx 80km in distance & the longest straight was say 400 metres , I never got into 4th gear & very rarely got close to the redline in 3rd thats how tight it was , and yes I was driving hard.

Comment

Looks like a blast, be sure to link the vid when it's done.

Comment

[QUOTE=BMXER;240390]So last week me & some buds took a week off work & did a road trip in search of some good back roads. My Buddy with the STI had scouted last year so we weren't flying totally blind. All I have to say is some of the best roads in the west are in Oregon.

The weapons were a 07 BMW 328i with sport pack , 06 STI & my 89 GTR ( there was going to be 2 GTR's but my bud's was rear ended a short while ago & is still currently in the shop , on a posistive note he became our cameraman ). Also we met a local with an RX8 in one small town we stayed in & invited him out for a day of shredding tarmac/tires/brakes.

In total I covered about 4000km in 6 days , drank alot of weak beer in the evenings & we took approx 7 hrs of video including lotsa driving (camera does not do the speeds justice) some kareoke in a small town & shooting guns with a buddy who lives down there now. once we get it edited down I'm sure we'll post it on youtube.

Hey thanks for posting the pictures I took, It was great riding with all the guys (GTR, BMW and STI) These guys have very different cars and very different driving styles except for one thing they all had in common was to scare me every time ripped towards the hairpins.

Comment

Originally posted by BMXER View Post
              All I have to say is some of the best roads in the west are in Oregon.
              +10
              May long I went down to oregon and drove a mind blowing road former logging road that was freshly paved, no cracks and many banked turns and switch backs
              basically like Oregon's version of nurburg's carousel.
              It was friggen amazing
              only problem was that I was in a friends aveo. If only we could get a meet organized
              BC to seaside oregon and back.
              Originally posted by Oakville
              that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

unreal Bulbasaur right there, and that all looks so sick...Bah cant wait
                Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Working...
                X