Door Card Fabric to Carbon Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Card Fabric to Carbon Wrap

Hey guys, I've wanted to do this for a while but kept putting it off.

Basically replaced all the faded door card fabric (front and back) and replaced it with a carbon wrap. I did all the peices, but here is just the passenger side. I like the outcome... Let me know what you guys think!

Sorry for the bad cell-phone image, my camera cord when missing... And for some reason my door handle looks surprisingly black.... Not sure about that..
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

very nice!
    CUTE CUTE

Comment

we must meet up for a rinse and repeat session on my car.. friggin rights it looks so good.
      ----------------------------------------------
      widebody rb25 r32
      Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
      We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
      ----------------------------------------------
      friends of:
      genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
      Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

Wow that really does look good. Does that section come off the door or do you have to cut as clean as you possibly can. I have to redo mine aswell.

Comment

Its a long a tedious process to say the least. The fabric from the card comes off easily, just be careful not to rip it.
          “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

You should either remove the plastic handle and paint it all black with plastic paint or wrap it with carbon too.
            Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

I'm actually in the process of doing the same in dry carbon look.

Looks good !Keep it up!
              My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Wow. Want to do mine?

EDIT: I'll pay you.
                DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Snow
                  Wow. Want to do mine?

EDIT: I'll pay you.
                  Sure, If you get the supplies all ready (carbon wrap, spray adhesive preferably 3m super77) then I can do the rest.

not sure what I would charge for this even....

Just send me a Pm. We'll talk from there

Comment

Originally posted by supguyex View Post
                    we must meet up for a rinse and repeat session on my car.. friggin rights it looks so good.
                    did you buy a new car?

TROL

Comment

i digg
                      Originally posted by Oakville
                      that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

You say adhesive spray; did you use an epoxy to lay this up, polyester based? Or just sprayed adhesive and adhered the carbon cloth? .. I was contemplating doing this but i didnt want to damage the swapped gtr interior in my gtst .. Do a lot of CF work though as it is my business but im curious to know how you pulled this off.. I always wondered how it'd hold up with just adhesive spray and cloth w/o epoxy.. So much less time consuming.. lol
                        Also, how is this section of the door panel held on? Does it just peel off?
                        Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                        www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                        Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                        Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

The fabric is held on with adhesive spray from the factory if im not mistaken. Its holding no problem for me. I think the secret is to coat both sides and let rest until tacky, then apply.

Comment

You, my friend, are onto something there....
                            -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

Damn.. Well it's official.. I've literally booked my winter with mods lol.

good work man!
                              Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                              www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                              Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                              Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Working...
                              X