Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My gt4088r GTR

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My gt4088r GTR

    I finished the car up last year but ran low boost for a year.

    Still on stock bottom end or else I would have pushed a little more. Pretty good for 21psi


  • #2
    insane man...where'd you get that turbo bag?
    Victory is on the horizon..

    Comment


    • #3
      It's the DEI titanium T4 blanket. It is pretty awesome. I can come off the track and put my hand right on the thing.

      Comment


      • #4
        That is exactly what I have been searching for. I like that a lot!
        Victory is on the horizon..

        Comment


        • #5
          Man talk about late spooling. Looks good though. Definately a lot of effort went into that setup.
          1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
          2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
          2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

          Comment


          • #6
            The boost controller wasn't set up right so it looks a little laggy. 21psi at 5100rpm isn't to bad really. Now that the controller is setup I'm getting 21psi 500rpm sooner (around the same spot a -5 car does)

            Comment


            • #7
              Turbo blankets are not good for track use. You can cook your turbo. I've seen cracked turbine housings and melted seals. A heat shield with something like the DEI sticky heat reflective stuff is better.

              Just a FYI. If you only run on the street, it's fine but the abuse a turbo gets at the track is so extreme, that with the blanket... it's not going to last very long.

              TROL

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by falcon View Post
                Turbo blankets are not good for track use. You can cook your turbo. I've seen cracked turbine housings and melted seals. A heat shield with something like the DEI sticky heat reflective stuff is better.

                Just a FYI. If you only run on the street, it's fine but the abuse a turbo gets at the track is so extreme, that with the blanket... it's not going to last very long.
                I don't understand. Lots of guys use blankets, wraps or even ceramic coatings on turbos and I haven't seen complaints. The heat is kept in the turbos and expelled out the exhaust while keeping the turbo temps down by up to 100 degrees F less. I was going to bag mine but now I don't understand where you're state is based on (N1 oil pump like) lol.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

                Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

                start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  R34 motor?
                  My car keeps on stealing my money .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DJ View Post
                    R34 motor?
                    Stock bottom end Nur I believe.
                    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

                    Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

                    start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                    lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                      I don't understand. Lots of guys use blankets, wraps or even ceramic coatings on turbos and I haven't seen complaints. The heat is kept in the turbos and expelled out the exhaust while keeping the turbo temps down by up to 100 degrees F less. I was going to bag mine but now I don't understand where you're state is based on (N1 oil pump like) lol.
                      A blanket holds in too MUCH heat. They work and work too well. For a street car it's not a big deal because you're only doing short bursts most of the time.

                      If you are tracking the car, you're putting so much heat through the turbine. I've see in person housings that have cracked and melted oil seals. For track use, ceramic coating + a well designed heat shield will work just as well keeping the heat away, but giving a bit of "breathing room" so to speak. I didn't realize I had said ceramic coating was bad in my last post? Care to quote it for me?

                      Take my comment for what you will. I personally don't care if you use one or not. I'm just stating what I've come across. I don't even run a heat shield on the Miata anymore... my water and AIT temps are fine. No need for one.

                      TROL

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I didn't quote because you didn't say it. I presumed all shields were targeted thinking they all did the same thing my bad. Imma use what ever I find. I'm too lazy to take the turbos apart to get the coated lol.
                        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

                        Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

                        start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                        lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          is there any way to get a shield of some sort and have it directed out a hole in the hood, like the R34 GTRs? I like the idea of a bag but yeah it keeps practically everything in, where as letting the heat escape while still keeping the engine bay cool is essential
                          Victory is on the horizon..

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X