2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
      2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Double track drift, yo.
        http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Back from ceramic coating last week.

Inside view of the WG dump merges. I think I did a pretty damn good job! Haha.

Another turbine housing comparison between the old .59 to the new TS .86. What a difference.

Annnnnnd... Its running again!!!The head was in decent shape it seems after all. I got a chance to drive it around before the rain and man, what a STINKY machine. Traction is an issue granted the tires are only 225 kumhos. I made 370 whp last season and this thing is WAY faster now. Butt dyno is telling me around the 400 whp mark. I will be dynoing this thing soon to tell fore sure.

The power delivery feels amazing and is night and day from last seasons. It feels more linear and hits harder as well if that makes any sense. Throttle response has improved a ton. Of course there's no way to tell what made the difference since the head, FMIC, piping, manifold (with the addition of twinscroll) and turbine housing have all been changed lol.

Really hoping for 11s this year. Last year I had the four puck and couldnt manage a good 60ft to save my life. I also had major choking issues above 5k-ish RPM. With this new setup, the power does not stop at all. 6500 rpm comes quick lol.

My only issue that I'm scratching my head about is a misfire I have. I'm getting a DTC 21 - ignition coil primary, but I cannot isolate which cylinder. It only happens at idle and cruise, but boosts fine. I didn't have the mis last season, and I'm not sure if that DTC was there all along since swapping the LS2/truck coils.
          Last edited by ST240; 05-24-2012, 01:48 AM.
          RB30DET 240sx 13.00 @ 113 junk 60' - RB25DE head, 740cc, precision 6262 .58 (majorly choked), nistune - 370 whp.

Comment

i have a stock rb30 block and bare rb26 head and damn i want to put it together after reading all this lol. it would be insane compared to my stock rb20 ahah, but i cant wait to hear what you put down with the new parts!!!

when do you think youll be going to the dyno?
            89 r32 sedan

Comment

I donno yet. I need to figure out this damn misfire first! Grrrr.
              RB30DET 240sx 13.00 @ 113 junk 60' - RB25DE head, 740cc, precision 6262 .58 (majorly choked), nistune - 370 whp.

Comment

You should sell me the block and head lol. I want to build a high stall auto drag racer with this same engine.

Comment

Sooooo I started hearing this after giving this car the buisness one night against my buddy and his '69 440 Superbee last week:

Pulled it apart tonight. I immediately knew what happened when the bearings were clamped on the journals.

Nothing a ballpeen can't straighten out.

Hey guys, it's ok if my bearing shells look like bacon, right?

At least the journals look ok.

Yep. She starved of oil . I think I remember the corner that did it in actually, a sharp U-turn at about 7k. Lucky it was on the street and not a track where I may not have noticed it. I also forgot to overfill the sump. ****! Damn RBs and their starvation issues. A few more hard pulls and it might have been a different story.

This is how THREE of the six big ends looked lol. But at least the journals look half decent and can be reground. But in the spirit of this build I may even gamble and just polish them up, new shells, and slapper back together. Experienced guys, what do you think?

Comment

Haha, had my share of bearing issues with a couple civic motors I built(tried). my lesson, put le crank in a lathe and spin'er-up to polish any fine gouges out and then new bearings with LOTS of assembly lub.

If your not on a budget and have some extra cash... Just bring it to a shop. Civic engines are everywhere..... Rb30's are not lol
                    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Any updates on this thing? New bearings in?
                      Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Need more updates! very cool build!
                        I drive a Honda...

Comment

new updates!!! ditto!!

Comment

Working...
                          X