X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNR34 VS. Veyron Russia 1 Mile Drag

What's your guess?

Another View:
    1 mile drag (Moscow unlim500+ 23.05.2010)clear time:Bugatti 26:122s (top speed 364km/h) 1001HpGtr34 26:151s (top speed near 310km/h) was 800Hp, but before...

I believe this is the veyron that was walked on by an R35 in a previous post.

Maybe it needs an oil change.
    Last edited by doublejceballos; 02-22-2011, 08:19 PM.
    Originally posted by Oakville
    that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Crazy Russians! Worst interior EVER though.

Comment

Can't see the lights very well in either vid. Either the GTR jumped it or the guy driving the Veyron has a horrible reaction time. If they both took off at the same time it would have been a lot closer to the 1 mile.
      89 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (Sold)
      98 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT (Sold)
      2013 Toyota Venza V6 AWD Touring
      1976 Datsun 280Z

Comment

LHD. And did I see the Hand brake lever in a U shape? like the old pontiac sunbirds lol
        03 lancer dead
        68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
        05 chevy silverado L33
        2010 crv Wife's ride
        1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
          Can't see the lights very well in either vid. Either the GTR jumped it or the guy driving the Veyron has a horrible reaction time. If they both took off at the same time it would have been a lot closer to the 1 mile.
          I think that had alot to do with the drivers reaction time...as you see in initial run the veyron jumps the light.
          Originally posted by Paradis
          ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
            Veyrons are not really that quick in the first 330', with 4000lbs of mass and 1000lbft of torque you would break alot of sh1t if you let her unleash it all at launch (they actually wheelhop pretty bad when things go wrong). From 330' to 1500' though they will rearrange your guts for you and make you poop something that you ate last year.

Jon.
            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 02-23-2011, 02:22 AM.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Dragon, doesn't the Veyron scoot to 60mph in less than 3 seconds?

Comment

That's what they claim, but I have yet to see one 60' in less than 2 seconds whenever someone goes to a dragsrip in one. They start out a little timid (I'm from a long dragracing background) and pour it on as traction allows. They could very well do 60mph in 3 sec but are making most of that happen in the last second. The first 2 would be spent getting things settled after the initial launch.

See what I mean, look how gentle the launch is:

The R35 though was a little ugly, they could shave at least a 10th off by doing something about all the wheel-hop.

In my world it's just the opposite, you make most of your initial forward momentum in the first 2 sec and it falls off marketly from there. Launching a NO2 car with a decent chassis and a trans-brake is litterally like being shot out of a cannon. It's quite violent. Hell, my GTR is violent, I bet I could match a Veyron in 0-60, the Veyron would be going about 20mph per second faster than me at that point though, litterally running away from me.

That's how guys can run low 10's and only have a trap speed of 115mph, they make their ET happen in the first 330', whereas a Veyron will run the same low 10 but at a rediculas 150mph. They make it happen in the last 1000'.

Concidering how fast the R34 is, the driver looks quite calm, that's how he won. If he got all nervous and blew the launch he never would have made up ground having to shift himself vs the Veyron's "flappy paddle" gearbox.

Jon.
                Last edited by Dragon Humper; 02-23-2011, 07:55 PM.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
                X