Z06 vs. R32 GTR @ AMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z06 vs. R32 GTR @ AMP

This is a vid from Atlantic Motorsports Park in Shubenacadie NS from Canada Day.
    It' my buddy's '03 Z06 with R888s and minor brake upgrades vs my '92 GTR with PFC, boost controller (14lbs) an extremely safe tune, AMS BBK, NPG suspension, and Dunlop Direzza Z1s.
    Enjoy.
    Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
    Last edited by bobbo; 07-14-2011, 08:48 AM.

Nice driving bobbo. Watching you in front, looks like you know your way around the track real well.

What brake pads/fluid do you run?

Comment

Originally posted by Zacho View Post
      Nice driving bobbo. Watching you in front, looks like you know your way around the track real well.

What brake pads/fluid do you run?
      I've done quite a few laps mostly on two wheels until I got the GTR. I 've done 4 lapping days and 1 solo sprint with the car.
      I'm using the AMS R33 BBK with R33 calipers. I used up the AMS carbon ceramic pads (ok for the price) and put my old pads on to finish up last season. I have no ideal what they are. They work well though.
      For brake fluid I use the Ford DOT4 which has a really good dry boiling point and it's cheap. It doesn't have a great wet BP so I change it twice a season.

Comment

Says the video was removed

I stopped my dubstep mix for this...
        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

sorry about that. Fixed and now in HD to make up for the inconvience Bellis.

Comment

I was just kiddin you on mate. Great video. You pulled hard on the straights and kept a good race line. Well done!
            Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

That is a good way to spend the Canada Day Weekend.
              1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
              2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
              2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

your exit speed was much better than the corvettes...looks like your car handles pretty well! Nice driving
                gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

Originally posted by leeaspin View Post
                  your exit speed was much better than the corvettes...looks like your car handles pretty well! Nice driving
                  Thank you!
                  The GTR does have an advantage in braking and exit speeds. The Z06 still has a top end power advantage. Don't know how much though.
                  I've got a TSC so once the car is settled in the corner I just squeeze the throttle to the floor and go.
                  The car is very planted for having a stock suspension with only after market adjustable coils and non adjustable shocks. The alignment is bang on factory specs except we maxed out the rear (-) camber.
                  Last edited by bobbo; 07-04-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Right on man sweet video, thanks for sharing! Great driving!

Comment

Sweet, I can't wait to get my upgrades and hit the track. Awesome driving! Way to kick some chevy ass!
                      1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
                      -Bruce Lee

Comment

so where was the skyline oh i see the speck out front haha
                        great video he seemed to almost catch up with you coming into the corners but through the corners and on the straights you were gone
                        nice driving and great lines
                        understeer -is when you go off the road and see the tree that kills you
                        oversteer-is when you go off the road backwards and dont see the tree that kills you

Comment

he seemed to almost catch up with you coming into the corners but through the corners and on the straights you were gone
                          The Z06 simply has more HP and weighs a little less so he will pull on me. He's also a much more expereinced driver. The passenger was his student as was I last year.
                          As for braking I was suprised in a previous session to see I that could consistantly out brake the Corvette despite him having better pads.
                          As far as lap times go the last Time Attack we had (last year) be beat me by under 1.5 seconds. We'll see how things go at the next event
                          Last edited by bobbo; 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I had the exact same Z06 4 years ago before the Skyline and HP is a slight bit better, but my R33 would outhandle and outbrake that ANY DAY!
                            OO 1993 R33 RB25DET OO <~weekend ride
                            2001 Civic LX/SR <~daily driver
                            2001 Suzuki GSXR750 <~track machine

Comment

Working...
                            X