From Suzuka - Ferrari Racing Days 03-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Suzuka - Ferrari Racing Days 03-2012

Recently attended this event...though I was working, I did manage spend a lot of time nosing around the paddock, garages and VIP lounge. This was the first ever full on two day event of its kind in Japan, aside from an unofficial one at Fuji a year or so ago. This event also included round 1 of the 458 Asian Cup Challenge.

And with work comes a bit play. In with the Race Fight Club simulators. We had four on hand for this official event. Being situated in the VIP lounge we still had a large amount of visitors drop by. Most an notably an official Ferrari Clienti F1 works driver and of course Mr. Herbert Appleroth, the president & ceo of Ferrari Japan.

Here's James (RFC CEO) instructing Mr. Appleroth. He managed a 2:07 flat which is quite good.

And again, James instructing Albert, CEO Ferrari China.

Hasselblad were one of the many official sponsors on hand. In there exhibit shown below with a special edition DSLR and new 2012 Ferrari California.

Having been a fan of F1 for several years, Ive never actually seen a race live. So with out do-pleasure, it was a treat to be up and close with these highly tuned machines.

For the model collectors, you have to appreciate Amalgam's quality kits. And do they ever come in at a premium, some reaching well over 10,000USD.

Hublot watches was the sponsor behind the concorso d'eleganza. Favorite out of this lot has to be the 19663 250 GTO.

1of1 in existence, the 2008 SP1
    Last edited by support@feastauto; 03-29-2012, 03:31 AM.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
    For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Being head on with the 599XX is something else. Its a car no one private owner will technically ever take home after the track. You either are into it as a rental or like many of us, watching as a headline.

And then there is the FXX edition. What many call an F1 car with a body...no doubt.
    Even under the silky red cover she looks outrageous.

Taming down a bit, their were a boat load of 458 Italia challenge cars ready for round 1 of the asian cup series.
    Mika Salo, ex F1 driver was behind the wheel of one of these. Watching this guy start from the back of the field was impressive. Finishing easily in the top 10 lol.

Comment

I like.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
        I like.

Can I tell you what I really like about this event?

Comment

Sunday morning 9AM sharp was a special moment for myself. Riding shotgun in a 2012 Ferrari 458 Italia. Behind the handle a close friend, Hideto Yusuoaka. The reigning 2011 Porsche Cup Japan champion. Enjoy....I did

Comment

OMG! amazing...last year @ Toronto Indy i remembered the ferrari race was insane. This is 100 times more...thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by support@feastauto View Post
              Can I tell you what I really like about this event?
              Ferrari's???
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Love the dino, 308 GTS (magnum pi :P)and SP1.
                Double track drift, yo.
                http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Adam, are you doing something else in addition to your business now? You mention you were "working?" I'm just come home from Europe after travelling and always seeing your posts makes me want to up and leave again but for Japan. hmmmm...

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                    Ferrari's???
                    Of course the Ferrari's, but also - I walked away with a 458 Challenge car composite rear diffuser. It had a slight crack in the corner which is now repaired. Contemplating on fitting it on the Silvia. Its oddly the perfect length, width. Picture to follow of this awesome piece : )

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                      Adam, are you doing something else in addition to your business now? You mention you were "working?" I'm just come home from Europe after travelling and always seeing your posts makes me want to up and leave again but for Japan. hmmmm...
                      Was picked up by RFC (Race Fight Club) as a simulator trainer. Its just a part time gig but the events on schedule...like this one are intense. Nearly took on the China GP event coming in two weeks, which again was under Ferrari. Unfortunately had to cancel with no time.

Comment

Thats awesome. Too bad you couldn't go to Shanghai that would have been a story! Maybe one of the other Asian GPs later in the year?

TROL

Comment

Working...
                        X