R32GTR fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32GTR fire

練習走行を終えてパドックに止まる瞬間に、助手席側から発火、懸命な消火活動により鎮火しました。燃えた理由ですが、走行中にガソリンをエンジンに送るパイプが破裂して、気化したガソリンに火花が散って着火したようです。いつもはレーシングスーツを着ていますが、このときに限って着ないで走っていました。このR32今こうなってるよ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Man, that's messed up! That fire came outta nowhere!
    Originally posted by kengeroo
    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
    ...don't drink and ebay
    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

And this is exactly what would of happened to me last summer if I hadn't smelled the fuel and kept RPMs low while driving back home. Burst fuel line at the filter inlet. I'm installing a quick release fire extinguisher this summer.
      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Hoping it won't happen to mine....!
        My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

basically the car was pissed cause the owner painted it green so it combusted into flames.
          1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

lol **** green gtr

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
            2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

dang!!
              TOP SECRET- 85%
              91 accord exr - DD
              R32 GTR - summer car SOLD
              R33 GTST (sold)
              91 civic hb (swap motor) - sold

Comment

Holy siet!!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                  basically the car was pissed cause the owner painted it green so it combusted into flames.
                  Car: "The hell with this, I'm out" *Self immolates*
                  Originally posted by kengeroo
                  that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                  ...don't drink and ebay
                  '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by Marus92 View Post
                    And this is exactly what would of happened to me last summer if I hadn't smelled the fuel and kept RPMs low while driving back home. Burst fuel line at the filter inlet. I'm installing a quick release fire extinguisher this summer.
                    I agree with installing a fire extinguisher.

This seems to be common when fuel hoses get old. Fuel hoses on my car are starting to do it near fuel filter (have to change them). It's something everyone should check / change on their cars when changing fuel filter in engine bay. I have seen photo's of a grey? R32 that had gone up in flames because of this problem.
                    Last edited by Skym; 05-30-2012, 10:16 AM.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                      I agree with installing a fire extinguisher.

This seems to be common when fuel hoses get old. Fuel hoses on my car are starting to do it near fuel filter (have to change them). It's something everyone should check / change on their cars when changing fuel filter in engine bay. I have seen photo's of a grey? R32 that had gone up in flames because of this problem.
                      I have to recommend to change the inlet hose if you change the filter. The high kink angle and the fidgeting of old line split made it lose it's integrity. There wasn't any apparent cracks until a few months afterwards when it split in the axial direction. The rubber had lost all cohesion in between the nylon threading. After taking it off splits would open up just by bending it.
                      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

I've just changed my fuel filter: The hoses don't seem that bad... After watching the vid, may be I should check this out more seriously....

Comment

It's so cheap and easy to change those hoses. Keep in mind over the years and after all of the heat cycles the rubber deteriorates and there is a fair amount of pressure in there.
                          I went as far as putting a dab of silicone on all of my fuel hose clamps to make sure they don't loosen off. A little trick we used on race bikes.

Comment

Easy to change!!? There's no room to get half of a hand in there... Would you suggest to change the hoses that plug near the fuel pump, in the trunk?

Comment

Thank you Marus92, bobbo for the advice, it's much appreciated.

It took changing fuelfilter 2x (fuelfilter is changed every 20,000km or so) for it split fuel hoses on my car. I'm thinking fuel hoses should be changed every time fuel filter is changed.
                              Last edited by Skym; 05-30-2012, 03:27 PM.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                              X