RB20 240sx Hits The Dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB20 240sx Hits The Dyno

thanks to Tony The Tiger for posting this up on another forum and just linking it to everyone.

Originally posted by Tony the Tiger
    Just want to say great job on the 240SX... I've tuned this car recently and the work was top notch

May 20121992 Nissan 240SXHCR32 RB20DET Built by ownerCylinder Head & Port Work by CCHTHaltech Platinum ProCenterline Motorsports Custom 304 Turbo ManifoldCen...

Turbo Setup Pictures

Good fab work. I've seen youre stuff on honda-tech.

Probably would make more power if the shitty HKS filter wasn't plugging the intake tract.

Comment

yes, i think he took it off on the last run anyways...

Comment

LOL, it was only a matter of time before my car got posted, no use keeping it under wraps anymore. This is prettymuch where the build will sit for quite a while now, and because I haven't updated my build thread (yet, it'll be up soon), here's a short summary. As always, I tried to keep as much of the work done in my garage at home, so although it was assembled at home, some stuff I wanted to be done custom, so help was needed and they all came through for the project!

First, shops who helped out:

Rene @ Centerline does incredible fab work, highly recommended to anyone looking for a custom turbo manifold or piping work of any sort. He did the intercooler piping, turbo manifold and downpipe on my car, all was flawless, looks and performs perfectly, stands by his work 100%. Easy shop to deal with, they definitely know their stuff, I'd go back for anything I need in the future without hesitation.

The cylinder head was sent out to Graham @ Canadian Cylinder Head for port work/polishing and camshaft fitting who pulled some pretty good flow numbers out of it compared to a factory 71L head. The valve train consists of JUN 264, 9.3mm lift cams for both intake and exhaust, JUN phosphor bronze valve guides, JUN titanium springs, JUN titanium retainers (BIG thanks to Adam @ Feast Auto Export for sourcing me the JUN parts), Supertech 1mm over valves (in/ex) and Supertech seals

Tony & Henry @ Dynamotorsports were helpful and really knowledgeable when it came to tuning, the car's running a Haltech Platinum-PRO plug-in which Tony was able to tune with ease. Despite the car still retaining a catalytic and running on 91 pump gas, he pulled some pretty nice numbers for a 20 with this size of turbo. Car drives very nicely and I have zero complaints at all, really happy with how it was mapped.

Here are the power figures that the car made.

331.6RWHP @ 14psi
        379.0RWHP @ 19psi
        389.8RWHP @ 20psi (no air filter)

*all runs were done on 91 pump gas with the cat on, although the cat was holding the car back as indicated by the tuner.

Shortened list of things done to the engine, but the more important parts included:
        1992 Nissan 240SX
        HCR32 RB20DET Built by owner
        Cylinder Head & Port Work by CCHT
        Haltech Platinum Pro
        Centerline Motorsports Custom 304 Turbo Manifold
        Centerline Motorsports SS 3" Downpipe
        RIPS NZ Custom Intake Manifold
        A'PEXi N1 Evolution Exhaust
        3" High Flow Cat
        Turbonetics T3/T04E 60-1 Hybrid
        TiAL 38mm External Wastegate
        80mm Billet Throttle Body
        Tomei 1.2mm MLS Headgasket
        JUN 264 Cams (9.3mm IN/EX)
        JUN Titanium Valve Springs/PBB Bronze Valve Guides/Titanium Retainers
        Supertech 1mm Over Valves (IN/EX) & Valve Seals
        HKS Adjustable Cam Gears
        Nismo Strengthened Timing Belt
        CP Pistons (0.50 Over)
        Spool H-beam Rods
        ACL Race Bearings (Main & Rod)
        ARP Main(Oversized 11mm), Rod & Head Studs
        Balanced Assembly
        R34 NUR RB26 Oil Pump
        FederalRace Pump Drive Collar
        BOSCH 750cc Injectors
        Custom Billet Fuel Rail
        Aeromotive 340LPH Fuel Pump & FPR
        Last edited by ARC240; 06-13-2012, 01:25 AM.
        1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
        1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

Fantastic work Marco, glad so much has worked out for you!

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
          For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

Amazing! This has been a long work in progress hasn't it? Looks like it all paid off
            RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
            http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
            1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Working...
            X