Race the Base 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race the Base 2012

RTB weekend kicked off last night with the MCpl Chris Downey Bike Night here in Cold Lake. Chris is one of the armourers at my unit who was injured in an IED blast in Afghanistan. Since his recovery, he has been hosting this annual bike night to fundraise for the Military Family Resource Centre which helped him and his family out a great deal. It was an amazing event with a lot of the RTB cars showing up, the local car club, and the local motorcycle scene, which helped raise over $5000.

The weekend is just beginning but here are some initial photos of last night's event and the setup for this weekend's festivities.

Comment

Sweet man cant wait to see all the beautiful rides. I'll be leaving e town for cold lake in about a hr or so

Comment

that f40 is much cooler than the enzo that zr auto put in the lake
        oh hai!

Comment

^^^ this!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rolyaT View Post
            Sweet man cant wait to see all the beautiful rides. I'll be leaving e town for cold lake in about a hr or so
            Weather was **** tonight, but def give me a shout tomorrow. ColinR33 will be there as well.

Comment

colinR33 came out to play. didn't get a chance to meet up with royalT though.

Comment

My son is already talking about next year, will have to come out earlier to take part in the festivities! Thanks again for getting James and Mitchell in to see the cars up close, it made their day. Have to go thru my pics and post up any good ones. I think you should buy those wheels from your friend, they look great on your car.
                Last edited by ColinR33; 08-26-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

It was my pleasure Colin. I'm glad the kids enjoyed themselves despite the poor weather. The event is bi-annual since it takes tons of planning and prep.

Comment

Yea sorry I didn't meet up, I was busy with the gf and my buddies who came. I'll make a trip up there when my cars back together

Comment

Finally got around to downloading my pics, here are a few...
                      Two Ferraris doing their top speed run...

Competition for the cars

Dat ass....wet drift

The Corvette and Mustang GT did the best drifting

But a couple generations of Lambos did their best too...you could tell they hadn't tried this before!

McLaren MP4-12C, my sons fave

An oldie but a goodie, I remember when these first came out, supercar of the day!

Louis110's and my car
                      Last edited by ColinR33; 09-07-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Didn't even have to pay VIP hehe

Comment

Working...
                        X