Fuji Speedway Soukokai Running - 2012 Onward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuji Speedway Soukokai Running - 2012 Onward

While I want to get into some personal on track experience I thought it would be best to share something else rather special as recently captured. Just yesterday while at Fuji for a regular track day there was an ex JGTC GT500 race car on hand, no other than one of the Hasemi racing built R33's. Its now privately owned by a collector in Tokyo and according to him the vehicle sees regular track duty.

Having only seen this sort of machinery at past Nismo festivals you can understand the joy of being up and close & having the chance to speak with the owner and hear about the vehicle.

Body showed pretty good with just some splitting on the front bumper, someone had an off course adventure

Rear diffuser planes were quite beat up, otherwise it looked the part.

Interior remained quite original. Dry carbon dash and door cards. The owner having bought this car has a roller had to add a few extra's. Mechanical dials and gauges were all missing with only Nismo boost gauge still fitted. In turn he retrofitted production BCNR33 tach and 1DIN meter for added monitoring. A far cry from the original gear.

Wiring not exactly tidy and could use a lot of cleaning up. And dont be fooled by that lengthy shift handle, its merely an up-rated 5MT BCNR33 box.

Now while some may seem a little let down about the running gear it currently has, its still a race car in the end, just a little de-tuned. Power is still over 400PS according to the owner with use of cams and N1 turbo's.

Snagged this one pic from the net to compare the two engine bays. Obviously some race teams choose different covers and so on, it seems the one below choose RB20 rocker and cam cover, added lightness comes to mind.

Here's one more pic, this one from BNR34. Much different suspension design and engine lay out. Looks as if the motor sits a lot lower in the cradle.

Last edited by support@feastauto; 11-14-2012, 01:25 AM.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
    For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

I love full race cars. Sweet cage! Maybe you can get get some detailed ones of the calsonic R32?
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

wow those engine bays are definitely function over form.

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
        I love full race cars. Sweet cage! Maybe you can get get some detailed ones of the calsonic R32?
        Have some, will dig them out.

Comment

OMG, thanks for sharing! *drool*

Comment

I love how his G sensor impact indicator is tripped

EDIT: Seems like the engine looks lower in the R34 because of the chopped cam covers... (look at the coil pack height) How did they make that work?
            Last edited by MarusGTR; 11-15-2012, 09:07 PM.
            1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Cant locate much on JGTC R32 car, very few ever companed as it seems. But see this guys on the correct spec motor for that R33 http://forums.gtrcanada.com/media/57...tml#post542074

Comment

Working...
              X