R33 Project - Engine Swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R33 Project - Engine Swap!

And so it begins the R33 project. Taking out the engine, putting in a bunch of new parts, including a new Nismo clutch. These are some pictures of the beginning of the end!

The car in question, dubbed the Moonlight Knight. 3 of us shoveled snow for 40 minutes to get this out of the garage.

Hoisting the engine out

Close-up

Making sure it doesn't leak

Empty car oh noes

On the stand

There's a few more here on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d512027416. I'll be updating slowly as the project continues, both here and on Facebook. Stay tuned, tuners.

Edit: Realized I should have posted this in Projects section. Admins could you please relocate this thread, thank you! Sorry for the mix up.
    Last edited by kikichi; 03-13-2013, 09:14 PM.

Looks awesome! I really like the red valve covers with the R34 badge on top. What all did you do while the engine was out?

Comment

clean up that engine bay, make it shiny!!

Comment

Awesome!

Are you building that engine... Or are you replacing it with a different one?
        www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

We're not replacing the engine, it has to come out to replace the oil pump. We're going to fix it up and change some parts, aiming at 600whp with hks gt2530 turbos without touching the bottom end.

Picture time;

Taking stuff off.

N1 Water pump

New ARP Headstuds

Fresh rebuilt head with Tomei 1.2mm metal head gasket and Tomei type B Poncams

Nismo Oil Pump

Nismo Thermostat

Throttle bodies installed with Tomei metal intake gaskets

Tomei Expreme Exhaust Manifolds

More to come, stay tuned tuners.
          Last edited by kikichi; 03-31-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X