• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two 1000+HP Supras battle Texas Streets - TX2K13

Hey guys!

not many GTR's in this one but figured you guys might enjoy

R35 GT-R Full bolt-on e85 10.00@139
    2JZ Kouki 240sx stock motor/factory toyo trans 8.7@155

That was a nice clip, thanks for sharing.

Abe

Comment

Wow! Wish I built the engine on my tt supra instead of putting a year and gobs of money into an abflug body.. :-/
      01 Chevrolet Maliboom-boom (winter BEATER)
      93, 94, 96 Toyota Supras
      95 R33 GTS-T
      04 R44 Raven1 helicopter

Comment

Sick vid
        Out in that neck of the woods you need 700 plus rwhp to play with the big boys. Those 1500hp underground racing lambo's are pretty mental
        R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
        Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

I think a lot of those Underground Racing claims are crap. There was a PassTime on Speed recently that had a whole bunch of them, all supposedly over 1000hp and not one of them trapped over 130mph. Sure they are heavy but they should be in the 140 zone easily. The one big dog on the show that was supposed to be 1300hp could barely crack off a 10.70 at 131mph.....pathetic.

Jon.
          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I noticed the Underground Racing Lambourghini's have the topend, but up until the topend most high hp cars can keep up with them. Maybe they are setup with taller gearing and not suited to drag racing???
            Last edited by Skym; 04-21-2013, 05:27 PM.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Or they are full of it. They need to justify a $60k investment into a $100k car some how. I have seen 700hp Supras do a full on, pants down, bare arse spanking on one of those Lambos. I don't think the even make one with less than 1000 advertised HP.

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Speaking of the PassTime with all the underground racing cars, how many of them blew up again? Was it two or three?
                I drive a Honda...

Comment

They do have the ice box? problem (ice box distorted near the cap). One of their cars ran into that problem when setting a land speed record in NZ with full hp.

Also those Under Ground racing cars actually run around 1000hp at engine for reliability (even with forged internals) when running on pump gas. They only produce the big hp numbers on race gas. The land speed record car produced just that, as had to break the road speed record on pump gas and outright on race gas for 1km.

This car (can see them filling the ice box) -

Ride with newly-crowned New Zealand land speed title holder Eddie Freeman on a record run in his 1118kW Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Also he mentioned there was alot of vibration at higher speeds, not just car moving around.

Also -

Eddie Freeman beating Owen Evans 16 Year old Flying KM Land Speed RecordDriving the FreemanX.com Lamborghini SuperleggeraTop Speed 383.41 Km/hrAvg Speed 355....
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                  X