Building the fastest Skyline (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building the fastest Skyline (video)

Saw this come up on YouTube today, worthwhile watch I think.

[Midlands Performance] - Togethia - Building the Fastest Skyline | DocumentaryTogethia Media Services - http://togethia.tv-- We meet up with the wizards of ...

Good video, thanks for sharing

Comment

Sweet setups. What engine size is in the stage 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Messiahlee View Post
        Sweet setups. What engine size is in the stage 4?
        Most likely the full counter 2.8l from the stage 3. For time attack a 3+ liter motor wouldn't zing as effortlessly as a shorter stroke motor and road course guys like that. Personally I would go for a 3liter just because you can get the torque you want without winding as much boost and/or ign timing into the tune. You just have to adjust you driving style is all.

Boost came in at 5200 and pulled hard to 8500...with a HUGE Garrett GT35 on there. Mmmm...big, laggy, turbos....

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I like.

On a racetrack with lower capacity engine, just have to drop down a gear before a corner to keep rpm needle in the powerband. It's how they drive diesel, Group-A RB20, etc engines (get the best from them). Stock Group-A RB20DET engines (R31 GTS-R) don't see full boost until around 4800rpm (Garrett T3/T4 turbo, FMIC as stock equipment).

More capacity is used to make up for using a bigger intercooler, turbo (to reduce lag at lower rpm). From what I have learnt, intercoolers are sized based on combined engine, turbo CFM.

Cams, adjustable cam gears are another way that helps, as engine sucks more air into cylinders and combined with more fuel (ECU tune) produces more exhaust gas at lower rpm which reduces the lag. That's why VVT on intake cam is common place on new engines, as get best of both worlds, more down low and up top.
          Last edited by Skym; 12-24-2013, 08:26 PM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
          X