IMW8NG4U Pre-Megaspeed Test Wrap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMW8NG4U Pre-Megaspeed Test Wrap.

In late 2013 I decided that I wanted to push the vinyl wrap envelope a little bit. After selecting a suitable partner we went to work.
    These are a few pictures of that work. Unfortunately the car got damaged in a parking lot which meant we had to pull the whole wrap off, therefore the car will be redone in a different colour scheme with some extra stuff for Megaspeed (hint, hint come see me there).

I hope you enjoy, I know it is not everybody's cup of tea, but some of the pictures make for a good Desktop background.

My mom told me if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    ... otherwise i envy you for your GTR.

Comment

the work put in matching the relief of every panel is great. but.. wrap < properly polished paint.
      Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
        the work put in matching the relief of every panel is great. but.. wrap < properly polished paint.
        A paint job like that would probably be worth more than the car. Only reason to wrap is to go bonkers
        Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Originally posted by hozer View Post
          A paint job like that would probably be worth more than the car. Only reason to wrap is to go bonkers
          Indeed, there is little you can do that matches the brilliance of paint with a clear coat. We actually did the math and tried to figure out how much this would have cost with air brush and other techniques and it comes to almost 35.000 dollars when you include the labour.

The pictures really do not do the wrap justice the attention to detail and the 3D effect really only can be seen in person. If a wrap, in general, is something that interests you, I would very much suggest you come by and see me at Megaspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
            My mom told me if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
            ... otherwise i envy you for your GTR.
            While I appreciate the restraint, there really is no need to. When we started this project we knew that it would polarize and that it would cause love and hate and most likely not much in between. Fact of the matter is that wrap will help you create an individual, unique look at a much lower cost and at the same time protect the original paint and this preserve the value of your car.

Mine is extreme, it is meant to push the limits, both in looks and the techniques used.
            This is the only direct to print transfer wrap in the world right now (because most do not have the ability to do that type of print on the wrap) and the 3D inlays are very rare too. I just want to show people what is possible, you guys then need to tone it down.

This is a matt wrap as well, there are candy gloss and gloss wraps which are a lot more shiny.

Comment

Given that your goal was show the potential of wraps I think it's impressive. I don't like the way it looks but the complexity is very impressive. Atleast you didn`t do it in camo!

Comment

Working...
              X